Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else getting tired of the same old muscle cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else getting tired of the same old muscle cars?

I've been going to car related events for the past 20 yrs or so and I realized that I've been looking at basically the same cars this whole time. Late 60's early 70's... mostly GM stuff followed by Ford and then Mopar... the trends have changed, but it's still the same basic cars. I'm a participant myself, I currently own a 72 Chevelle and 70 Mach I, and have owned over 20 main stream muscle cars. I enjoyed the come back of the Mopar stuff a few years ago, but all of those builds are either crazy high dollor resto's or mega buck pro touring cars now.

I think it's time for the mid 70' cars to come out. Show me a line of '69 Yenko Camaros mixed with a long nose Monte Carlo with a good stance and wheel / tire package and I'd be all over the Monte! 8) There were some pretty cool cars during the mid 70's even if the drive trains sucked. The early Cutlass 442, Aspen based Road Runners, SS and RS Novas, Trans Ams, Z28's, Lagunia Chevelles, etc., etc. I was looking for something along this line when I ran across the 72. It was just too good of a car at too good of a price to pass up. Let's bring out the fresh meat! Hurry and buy them up now while they are still cheap. ;D

Re: Anybody else getting tired of the same old muscle cars?

I'm not tired of the standards, but I too like a lot of the mid to late 70's cars. The late 70's and early 80's malibus make great hot rods.

Comment

I agree 100% I like the non-muscle cars, In fact, we don't even have any muscle cars in our family, they are all odd ball cars, 1980 W-30, 1976 Aspen, 1962 Fury, I would still like to have a '68 fastback barracuda, but you don't see alot of those anyway.

Comment

The older I get, the older the cars I am really into get. I still love all cars, especially muscle cars, but lately I find myself lusting after early 30's to early 40's iron. I also dig the mid 50's to mid 60's fullsize cars. Okay, I'll stop there before I list all cars between 1900 and 2008.
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

When I lived in Israel and you hardly saw any muscle cars (or any other American classic), I got excited about each and every one. When I moved to the States, started going to shows and seeing the same cars over and over again, I kinda got tired of the "standards". Around where I live, you can throw a stone and you'll hit an early Mustang.To tell you the truth, I'm supposed to have a 72 Challenger waiting for me in Florida (for when I have the dough and stroage place to work on it), and I'm not that excited about it. I found myself liking the more oddball stuff, but not the mid 70's cars. Hell no. For example, I found that some of the older Mopars that I hated when I just saw in pictures look kinda neat in real life.

Ran

Comment

What bores me is seeing the same treatment on so many cars. I've been to shows where it seems like half the cars are on Torque-Thrusts or Cragar S/S's, with everything in the engine compartment chromed. I've decided that when I finally rebuild the Dart's engine I will be powdercoating all the engine components tractor red with gloss black highlights except when they'd have a natural finish from the factory, just as a rebellion against the chrome mania.

Comment

All comes down to originality. As much as I like the "standards", I love mid-late '70s, 80s rides. I have a small spot in my heart for late '50s, too, but it's not quite there, and I like lowriders when done just right.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I kinda get what you're saying, but it seems like the more cars I see the more cars I like. Hot funk, cool Punk, even if it's old junk, it's still rock and roll to me...
                Cognizant Dissident

Comment

If anyone can direct me to a clean '74 Laguna S-3 in white with red base, I'd appreciate owning one again 25 years later.

Comment

I'm even getting tired of the same GN and GS Stage 1 stuff anymore. Though with the new stuff coming out for the Buick motors its getting exciting again. Honestly I'll gravitate towards anything with engineering interesting things on it because I am a techno geek. I love mid 60's fullsized cars and even the early A-bodies. I also have a weak spot for the 3rd Gen "Aero" Trans AMs and the Monte Carlo Aerocoupe.
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Old trucks! Jeeps! Oddball bodystyles! New takes! Stuff that performs instead of shines! Motorcycles! Tractors!

Comment

Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC
                        If anyone can direct me to a clean '74 Laguna S-3 in white with red base, I'd appreciate owning one again 25 years later.
                        I just saw one on Craigs not too long ago. 454 car too.

I've always been attracted to the oddball cars at shows. I kinda live that way. I've been a big fan of muscled up Impalas from day one. If I could find another 71-72 Catalina coupe liked I longed after in high school; I'd probably jump on it.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Been around Tractors ... they are interesting... not riveting... but interesting...

I totally understand the desire to restore one... but then I'd have to get it dirty...

Keith

Comment

Still Affordable/Still Available/(For The Moment)

Most of the intermediate '78-'87 GM G-bodies

had some really neat & unique-by-brand styling,

decent wts., neat interiors, coil-spring suspension, etc.

They're all good affordable baseline-foundations for

any/every kind of purpose, upgrade(s) & motor(s).

Anything that can be done with a '64-'72 GM A-body

can be done with a sound G-body! --- 8)
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

(Just 1 of a million possible examples of the kazillion possibilities

Comment

I do get tired of seeing the same camaro and mustang every place I go. It seems that there are twice as many of them as the factory originally built! ;D That's why I bought a Delivery in the first place. I wanted something that was rare, and would be different. I go to shows not to look for a certain car or 'type' of car, but to see how other builders have done something. I see a good idea and make note of it in case I need it. I compare paint brands for the best color, shine and depth. I look at wheels to see how they look on a certain car, with or without whitewalls or RWLs showing. My brother says I'm worse than any judge at a show he's been to. I like picking thing apart, especially if it's not done right. ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X