Hey D.F.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey D.F.

It's amazing how people become blind to everything else when they see something they don't like.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Aw forget it guys. Just ride the wave of popularity and do what you like. Let everyone else have the same ol same ol. Just enjoy that we are living in some type of heyday right now. There are parts available for anyone to build anything they want right now. Let's just live it, man.
      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Sorry - afraid I have to agree with the original poster on this one. These days it only takes me 15 - 20 minutes to read pretty much everything of interest to me in HRM. I'm just not really all that interested in "new tech" powertrains or fuel injection. If that's the path the mag has to follow to stay alive, - so be it. I wish them the best of luck...it's just not for me. Also - sorry folks, but the yearly features on Power Tour and so on aren't really all that exciting to me either. That stuff was really cool when it was new and fresh, but frankly lately it just seems like a rehash of the same shit year after year. Great events, great concepts and I'm sure a blast to participate in....but not really all that interesting to read about anymore.

That said, Hot Rod Deluxe and Musclecar Review have been filling the void left by Hot Rod quite nicely as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16
          Aw forget it guys. Just ride the wave of popularity and do what you like. Let everyone else have the same ol same ol. Just enjoy that we are living in some type of heyday right now. There are parts available for anyone to build anything they want right now. Let's just live it, man.
          Well put.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Bring back "In Their Own Words". I shutter to think of the next legend to pass silently

Comment

Originally posted by meatwagon
              Bring back "In Their Own Words". I shutter to think of the next legend to pass silently

Please?

Comment

For what it's worth, seconded.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

How many times has HRM jumped the sharked? about every third month?

Comment

Bring back "In Their Own Words".
                    I agree - one of the best things the mag ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster
                      Bring back "In Their Own Words".
                      I agree - one of the best things the mag ever did.
                      X3
                      Living the dream!

Comment

I do have a special liking for this one

Living the dream!

Comment

Flat Hood. Grey Primer. Multi-Colored Body. Now THAT kind of stuff I LIKE,but........like nearly everybody else on here,I too find HRM VERY easy to breeze thru. That's about 'IT',really . ~J/W.

Comment

I think they do some great stuff and some is not to my taste - and isn't that the way it OUGHT to be? The article on Roland Leong was fantastic and as pointed out they featured lots of different engines this month. I know David a bit in real life and while I'm a fan I'm not star-struck. I find him to be a good writer with really eclectic automotive tastes and a genuinely good guy. Besides, he is a real hands-on Hot Rodder. So I mostly like what he's doing even though I don't get the whole rat rod thing (which I expect will die shortly and the cars will be sold to others who will finish the project).

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X