David's Super Bee...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David's Super Bee...

You get impressions of things over time... and since I'd never seen this car and heard stories about it for years.... I'd developed an impression of what it was going to be...

First off it was Freiburgers first car... a teenagers toy... and worse... a teen that was prone to hang out at speedshops and play with dyno's... To say I didn't have grand expectations was a bit of an understatement... I was actually looking forward to seeing a Hacked up old Super Bee... a vestage of childhood... the remenants of a misspent youth... Hey it's what I'd played this thing up to be in "my" mind...

What we uncovered turned out to be a wonderfully rebuilt example of a true Hot Rod in it's final form... ( for the moment ... 1995 or so ).. and I do mean WONDERFUL... this car is truly excellant... Dusty.. but the hemi doesn't care... it's just sitting in there taking up the engine bay... the paint is stunning and the interior is the nicest of David's Fleet of cars... it's better even then Karen's Volvo... ( think about that for a minute.. this Bee is that nice )....

So next time David starts down playing this car or it's significance to him.... know he's full of it... the car is Simply "right"

Keith
    ( Karen... the KLS loves JDF is still on the back glass... and he wouldn't let us clean it off... )

Re: David's Super Bee...

There are cars that seem to be "right".I only know of a few that fit that criteria!

Comment

What, no pics? Just kidding, sort of. ;D Would you really expect anything less from DF?

Comment

Yes, this thread is worth less without pics. Yet, Keith your build up does garner some kudos because it got me excited.

Mike

Comment

Here are a couple I took. They didn't come out that great. The car is in fantastic shape except the tires are old and cracked from sitting flat for so long. He replaced the buckets with a bench (Not sure why), but it's interior is great shape. It only needs a good detailing for show duty.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Nice Bee!

Comment

Pardon my memory but wasn't this one of the cars DF had us vote on a while back, whether he should fix it, sell it or something?

Comment

I haven't talked about selling it for like 20 years.

It's only average. Many guys here have nicer cars. But thanks, Keith. Perhaps I should be insulted that you presumed it would be total junk. Or not.

Comment

I think you honestly were insulted... You shouldn't have been... There aren't many folks out here with nicer cars then the Super Bee... you can't get away with that any more.... it's simply that nice...

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                    He replaced the buckets with a bench (Not sure why).
                    A bench seat is MUCH easier on your G/F or wifes butt when she's tucked in beside you while cruisin ;D

Comment

I didn't know what to expect and was surprised for good. I don't think it needs anything cosmetic...

Comment

That Bee, along with the Cheap Thrills Dart, are what kept me reading Daves stuff in CC and HRM. The Bee has, in my opinion, the perfect muscle car stance and that orange paint just hits ya right in the face. What a cool car.

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Seriously, what a cool car...

In 1995 I passed on a '70 Coronet R/T 440 Mag/727 console auto....it looked just like that one....

What a cool car!!

Ax

Comment

The Bee is super cool, and I really had no preconceived notions on its condition, but I am thankful that Keith blew the lid off this iconic vehicle. Everybody who has faithfully followed the chronicles of DF in HRM know of his connection, or should I say "Direct Connection" with the Bee. I completely understand the connection that one has with their "first" car something.(i.e. first car, first hot rod, first nice car...) I have that same feeling for my 66 Chevy II sedan. I also think, from what I have gathered, DF is not one to tout his accomplishments, I haven't read any here at least. I do have a question though, Why not detail the thing, get some tires, and DRIVE IT. Hell, if I lived closer, I would do it for him, if I could drive it!

Comment

I might be hesitant to drive it if I were in his shoes. Its irreplaceable and Im not talking about the money, you could buy another one. Im talking bout the memories and sentimental value.

Comment

Working...
                              X