Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (to me) Craigslist scam

Gday,

saw the Ad you posted on cl titled - "____________________" and I'm very interested in purchasing this however I am not too sure if it's the similar type that my cousin is after. I will only commit to buying it once I'm convinced it's the one I want. Here is a demo that I was able to cpy from my youngster's Macbook URL1 or try URL2. Can you please ensure its the similar type, Im willing to pay a little more than what you put on for sale as long it meets the vid description and you can hold onto it for me.

Kind
    Regards
    Jessica.

the link is a virus
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: New (to me) Craigslist scam

yup never click on any link responding to anything you have for sale, and if they don't know if its what they are looking for they need to come on over and check it out for themselves.

Comment

If all that accomplishes is to get you to inadvertently download a virus, is that really a scam ?
      To me "scam" means; a fraudulent deal, to defraud or embezzle.
      ???

Although, one of the synonyms is "deception" though.
      Mmmmmm ....

Comment

Every add I post on CL, I choose the "hide email" part. If someone thats real, wants what I'm selling,

they'll dial a phone. No full Inbox, no problems.
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

If they do not refer to the item I am selling by name, it goes straight into the trash.

Comment

I had my first experience with CL when I posted my car for sale. I kept getting emails from some booboohead wanting to know if I could go to this particular site and get them an insurance quote because their computer was too slow for them to do it. Hmmm... they want to register this car? I replied to them with a link they could click on that would give them a virus disguised as an insurance estimate. Never heard from them again.

Comment

Working...
            X