The Cars We Drove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cars We Drove

This one is pretty entertaining. Got this from an oldster on email. I think she was there, for sure. I missed it by about 10 or 15 years, but I was close to being there. Nearly was....

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: The Cars We Drove

Very Cool.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
    1966 Plymouth Fury III
    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

that was awesome.
      The hours for the shockwave coding must have been tedious...

I gotta send that link to someone...
      :D
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

How many people who were young in the 50s or 60s drove a car with hopped up engines and custom paint? Almost everyone I have talked to from that era had a ride that needed paint or was stone stock mechanically. Quite a few had muscle cars (mostly stock unmodified beyond a set of wheels and maybe headers) but if they had a rod it was primered or had paint but not much for engine. Show vs go.. one or the other.

You know, just like it is today. ;) The difference being the vintage of the cars and how much billet the baby boomers throw at the car they wish they had when they were young. Its much better to be alive now with everything we can do with our cars, and what is available for them. At least thats how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455
          How many people who were young in the 50s or 60s drove a car with hopped up engines and custom paint? Almost everyone I have talked to from that era had a ride that needed paint or was stone stock mechanically. Quite a few had muscle cars (mostly stock unmodified beyond a set of wheels and maybe headers) but if they had a rod it was primered or had paint but not much for engine. Show vs go.. one or the other.

You know, just like it is today. ;) The difference being the vintage of the cars and how much billet the baby boomers throw at the car they wish they had when they were young. Its much better to be alive now with everything we can do with our cars, and what is available for them. At least thats how I see it.
          I dunno Thump, I came of age in the 70's. Well, no I didn't but at least I could drive in the 70's. If ya got some shiny wheels, you were good to go. According to everybody else at the time.....
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

My Dad's first car was a '50 Merc Convertible. He added dual exhaust with Smithy glass packs. It was black, black, black. No need to paint it until he wrecked it.

He traded it in on a shiney new tomato and eggshell 56 Chevy 210 post coupe with a sixer, 3 spd and overdrive. He pulled the "ugly ass" bird off the hood and leaded it in. He put it back on in order to sell it (Sure sign a kid owned it without it and hard to sell to an adult). He said it had it tuned for a bit more power than stock, that was it. He said it's topped out about 85 mph on Missouri's highways that had "reasonable and proper" speed limits on state highways.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X