Fiberglass 4" Cowl Induction Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberglass 4" Cowl Induction Hood

Has anyone got anything to comment on Harwood fiberglass hoods ?
    I do not want to go to all the trouble of importing one and have it delaminate on me,
    warp or whatever.

There are steel alternatives from GoodMark and Key Parts which look pretty good.

Re: Fiberglass 4" Cowl Induction Hood

The Chevelle has a Harwood, very decent product, well built and durable. The fit was super close out of the box. I had it sitting on the trailer when a gust of wind came out of nowhere. It picked the hood up 10-12 feet in the air and dropped it on the exterior side. Only damage other than scratched paint was a couple of minor cracks in the gel coat (not all the way thru).

Now, if I had it top do all over again, I'd use a Goodmark steel hood and put the hinges and springs back in....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Now, if I had it top do all over again, I'd use a Goodmark steel hood and put the hinges and springs back in....

Of my choices I put together the Goodmark steel hood comes in cheapest to my local freight airport.
      $849.73 total translates to Euro627.81, a bloody good deal.

The Key Parts steel hood is 30Dollars more but comes twice powder coated.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of powdercoating.....certain places it's great, just not body parts. I haven't heard of key parts either (but that doesn't mean anything) and Goodmark IMHO is one of the best products out there. A lot of the guys around here use nothing but Goodmark body panels. If weight isn't an issue, I think you'll be happier with steel.

Comment

Thanks for the help. 8)

The Key Parts is from Jegs who charge $100 more for shipping so it will be GoodMark from Summit.

Is your hood a 4"er, if so how much is front vision affected ?

Comment

Mine is a 6" and it's not a problem for me, but when momma drives it, she has a hard time knowing where the corner of the car is.

Comment

Great, I now have direction, next the money........... ;D

Comment

Getting Money,the 'EASY' part:--Hold up local Convinence Store ;D. The 'HARD' part:--Getting out ALIVE :o! ~J/W.

Comment

Working...
                X