Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And so it begins-- or -- Bit by the RC bug

Originally posted by Eliteman76
    Well, speaking of which, I miss the old school Traxxas sledgehammer trucks.
    I would love to pick up a 4x4 fun truck, co-worker has one of the newer traxxas 4x4 trucks for only $400...has probably double into it and has run it 3 times in a year.
    I just can't seem to get to the point to justify spending it. I'd rather put that money towards my Torino.
    Ah, choices.

But, if anyone had one of the older Tamiya shaft driven 4x4 stadium trucks, for cheap, I'd have to think about that one...
    I've got an all original Tamiya Bruiser...it was the lifted Toyota....I'll let it go for some $$$$...they draw big $$$ on Ebag !
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

i got my ebay car today...it is quite nice for the money I payed...in very good shape with some minor mods...I have to fix a couple minor things on it...Needs tires and I need ot fix the battery connector...but overall I am happy with it....I hauls ass with an aftermarket engine...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

i meant to put this in my last post

Welcome to RC-Monster Online Store. We have some of the best price for your RC needs including Gorillamaxx, Integy, and other Aluminum hopups for the Emaxx,TMAXX,Savage, and Terra Crusher.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss

Welcome to RC-Monster Online Store. We have some of the best price for your RC needs including Gorillamaxx, Integy, and other Aluminum hopups for the Emaxx,TMAXX,Savage, and Terra Crusher.

DUDE! thats cool.....I can convert my new truck to brushless pretty easy...not cheaply..but easily...LOL
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Who ya kidding, Joe? You'll have more bucks in this hobby than all your cars by years end. I'm waiting for the scaled down C130. You know you want to fix tiny ones too. ;D
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
              Originally posted by 1988montecarloss

DUDE! thats cool.....I can convert my new truck to brushless pretty easy...not cheaply..but easily...LOL
              you could do it cheaply using the traxxas or losi brushless systems, IIRC hpi racing has one too, but i havent been in r/c for awhile. the only time you really need to use that high end stuff is if youre building a 1/8 scale truck like a savage, lst, mgt etc.

i used to run a mamba brushless 8000kv motor in a 1/18 losi mini-t with a 9.6v battery. none of my nitro trucks could come close to it and it would beat a nitro car to 40mph if you could keep it from going over backwards :D

i dont even want to add up how much $$$ i have into these things. i have a few of them with over $1k into them :-\ :D

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                Who ya kidding, Joe? You'll have more bucks in this hobby than all your cars by years end. I'm waiting for the scaled down C130. You know you want to fix tiny ones too. ;D

Oh yes, that would be a dream come true...a horrible horrible dream some true...real ones AND scaled down versions....That being said.....There are a few RC C130 out there that are freaking amazing....

Comment

Oh yes, that would be a dream come true...a horrible horrible dream some true...real ones AND scaled down versions....That being said.....There are a few RC C130 out there that are freaking amazing....
                  I like the ones with more ordinance than an entire army brigade. Of course, I would not like to be on the receiving end.

Ever have nightmares about work?
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I like the ones with more ordinance than an entire army brigade. Of course, I would not like to be on the receiving end.

Ever have nightmares about work?
                    YES!

Comment

I was thinking about this thread today as I was welding up some tube to makeshift a front lower control arm for the nitro 4wd buggy he's had for about a week. It was the bottom of the line one from redcatracing.com and was about $140. It goes about 40 and he's mastered getting out of the way of cars and then chasing them down and passing them on the sidewalks!

His friends don't drive as good (he just turned 7). One of them took it full speed into a pole and it went flipping and flying. Everything seemed OK except all the suspension stuff on one side. The parts are cheap and ordered, but I wanted an excuse to play with the welder so I went at it. It's definitely ugly, but I'm tempted to leave the stuff on there to see how long before it breaks.

The hobby is a lot of fun and disasters I was thinking about how much more affordable it is than the real thing as I placed my $12 order and got it running with stuff from my Sanford and Son pile. However, things do get pricey. Now that we've done gas, it's hard to go back to the electric ones (we love the noise!), and the nitro gas is about $10-15/qt (good for 1 weekend).

Tampa, FL

Comment

Electric was the only option for me due to the noise...did not want make a racket in the neighborhood...to many dudes on my street work shift work.

I have 2 cars now, just purchased some parts to fix the used on I got... I like the used on I have better than the new one

maybe someday I will upgrade but the electrics were the cheapest way to get into the hobby.

Comment

Working...
                        X