Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW II in HD on the History Channel

WOW!

Been watching now for an hour...what an amazing show. I am going to order this if availible on DVD....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: WW II in HD on the History Channel

I DVR'd the whole series and watched them not too long ago. Good stuff.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Dang, we've got Modern Marvels on History over here. Rats.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Since I got hurt at work and spent the day laid up in bed I got to watch all of it, it is still on 1 more episode to go....just amazing video...It really makes me wonder what my grandpa saw...the hings he experienced...he used to tell me a few stories but there were never any pictures no video like today, shows like this really bring it to life...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I agree and it should be mandatory veiwing in our schools... Never forget your past, or your bound to repeat it!
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I've got them saved on my DVR. But I haven't watched them yet :-\ I need to make the time to watch them.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

but , I already know who won ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                but , I already know who won ;D
                Yeah - the Japanese......

Comment

I heard all kinds of stories from my parents, we lived in Britain, and it was just amazing, trying to imagine living back then thru it all. I love these shows on History channel, I just picked up the Band Of Brothers DVD set, riveting stuff, especially when you realize it was all true. See the emotion in the old mens eyes as they retell there stories ...
                  "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

The Pacific is on HBO now. I don't have HBO. :-[
                    But I did see the first one. A lot like Band Of Brothers. Another mini series from Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg on the Pacific war.
                    I loved Band Of Brothers. I know I'll like this one too but will have wait and buy on DVD when it comes out. >

Comment

Working...
                    X