Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watch American Pickers ?

Really good show !!

Last night they were at some guys house that had Crosleys allover and lots of other cool junk.

Re: Anyone watch American Pickers ?

I really like this show. Sometimes I feel bad for the people they are buying from, seems like they get stuff pretty cheap for the value they claim or sell it for. But, I guess thats why their doing it and I am not.

Comment

I'm constantly amazed how they'll go up to a house uninvited and ask to look through their stuff. Even more amazed they've not shown them staring down the business end of a shotgun yet. Gotta be some great outtakes

Comment

Originally posted by meatwagon
        Even more amazed they've not shown them staring down the business end of a shotgun yet.
        They have on one episode I saw.

Comment

I love that show,I watch it every Monday night. But I will admit that I was skeptical about the commercial before it came on that it was going to be abunch of crap. Nothing but to guys ripping people off and selling over priced things.
          Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

I like the historical parts of it. It's frightening how many people have yards full of that stuff. Imagine what other people from foreign countries will think of us now.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I used to work at a farm here, it's been in the family for generations and the amount of junk I found was incredible. I suggested to the owner one day that maybe we should try and get rid of some of it and his eyes got as big a saucers and I thought I saw him start to shake. I had spent a lot of time getting all the old chain saws, lawn mowers, generators, and a few old tractors running. I tried to organize all the old tools that I thought were useful, but most of the stuff was pure junk....at least to me. Then I seen the show and I've started to think that maybe there is some value.
              It's a pretty big farm (well to me, 3500 acres) and one day while out in a tractor I found a couple old cars, a 69 camaro and a 70 chevelle sitting in the woods. No one has any idea how they got there but you can't get them out. This time of year would be your best shot, but it's too muddy. In the winter they are frozen in the ground and I don't think they would approve of trampling through the field in the summer. He would be a more appropriate candidate for the show "Hoarders" than American Pickers....lol.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

That is a good show - I'm sure lots of those folks appreciate the extra spending cash for their stuff and most seem to enjoy having the company too.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

I like it but realized while watching one night that they never seem to show anyone buying the stuff they've got. They always tell you what an item is worth and the profit they will make but I've never seen anyone actually buying it to prove that their guess on the value is correct. I think it would be a better show if sometimes we find out that they really overpaid on something and it turned out to really be junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Huneycutt
                    I like it but realized while watching one night that they never seem to show anyone buying the stuff they've got. They always tell you what an item is worth and the profit they will make but I've never seen anyone actually buying it to prove that their guess on the value is correct. I think it would be a better show if sometimes we find out that they really overpaid on something and it turned out to really be junk.

I couldn't agree more - they need to show some selling to prove out their profit / loss predictions. It's about the same for the home improvement shows that don't tell you how much stuff costs.... I hate that.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

the show is the money..the hosts are fake, running on a scripted idea. :

coincidentally, I was watching a "davids farm" vid on you tube...
                      the guy is driving around talking of his garbage picking beginning, looking for roadside treasures, in a dodge diesel caravan he built himself out of a VW...

if that mentality could get a script, and show the true worn character of hard work like picking.. I would give it a emmy award in vote.

I also live in new england. My neighbor in a trailer park was quite native american, heavy drinker, and my age. He woke me up one morning and said he found something in a dumpster.. So I humored him, and we were both in the dumpster taking out a full load of broken bottles. Turned out to be $75... I have never seen motivation like this again... it did open my eyes to the conept of somebodies trash, being a treasure...I do not pursue it, aside from roadside cars and facts of models forgotten (I found a ten geared special edition subaru this way...only made for 2 years in the 35 subaru has been making them.)..and still only a 500 dollar car.

Picking needs a smart people. hang onto a subject for all its worth and go with it...alot of people forget what they got, or never knew by inheritance.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Good show, I like it. The guys' recently bought a couple of globe gas pumps in Louisiana and had them sold for a $400.00 profit befoe they left the state........
                        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                        DW- 12,16,17
                        "Stay thirsty my friends"
                        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

I watch the show once in a while. But the thing that drives me crazy is when they're foaming at the mouth over a rusty schwinn bicycle frame and never show the cool old car buried under the 30 years of junk.
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

The best part of the show is some of these people who hoard so much but don't want to sell anything.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                            1966 Plymouth Fury III
                            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C
                              I watch the show once in a while. But the thing that drives me crazy is when they're foaming at the mouth over a rusty schwinn bicycle frame and never show the cool old car buried under the 30 years of junk.
                              I agree. The one car they did buy they paid to much for. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X