Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison shopping - sometimes with surprising results

Well
    as some of you have caught on already - I'm a frugal sombiatch when it comes to buying stuff - I'm generally a bargain hunter.

I usually call a few stores when I do need a new part for a car.

Well - the "new" truck needs front sway bar end links bad - they are all loosey goosey.... annoying clunk in the front end.

autozone $69 ea

murray's/oreilleys $77 ea

Advanced $77 ea

Napa - $45.99 ea on the website - and $31.36 ea with my discount - Balkamp brand (not junk in my experience)

Shopping around once again pays off.

With any luck I'll get them installed before the drive to Columbus next weekend so I don't have to listen to the clunk over every bump!
    There's always something new to learn.

Re: Comparison shopping - sometimes with surprising results

wheres the nearest napa ? for me its in B.F.E.
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

That's the usual problem with me and Napa or Carquest. They are all out of the way and close before I can get to them.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

the ford dealer maybe even cheaper

Comment

I just did the Dakota. Rock Auto saved me a pile. The parts were branded "Deeza" - whatever the hack THAT means. Finest Turkish craftsmanship. At least the front lowers had grease Zerks.

Dan

Comment

RockAuto had the rear drums I needed for the Mustang's 5 lug conversion for less than HALF what O'reilly & Autozone wanted. Even with shipping included, I saved money.
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Rockauto ranged from $55 to $69 for the same parts, each - depending on brand.

I got the focus front rotors and pads from advanced online - 15% off and free shipping.

with pretty much everybody offering online deals - location isn't a big deal - unless you need it right now.

Comment

Rock just let me know that Goliath's rings (one cylinder's worth) are on their way.

John....good huntin'!

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Good news Brian! I can't wait for the next goliath's heart installment.

Comment

being frugal always pays off in my experience.

Comment

the internet for me has been awesome. I have yet to figure what I have not only found impossible, but a price insanely low.

I put it against the cost of internet for a year.. I have never broken even, but there is the value of the fact of having the impossible parts in the first place...that is almost priceless. :D

little locales have big stampedes.. it is horrifying for certain things to keep..
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I got my gas tank from RockAuto for 1/3 the cost of the local places...and the pickup was 1/2 price compared to local vendors

My friend is a parts mngr at Dodge so I get OE parts for the trucks ant cost +10%

I am anal when it comes to buying parts, I will shop weeks until i find the best deal and sometimes only save 3 or 4 bucks...
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

We have had big success huinting the internet for the original manufacturer of electrical parts- Like sensors, micro switches, wire plugs etc..... You would be surprised 60-80% off what dealers want.

sigpic
                          Bluebaugh Racing
                          Phoenix, AZ
                          http://www.worldsfastestorganization.com
                          http://www.1320racer.com

Comment

for service customers - parts charges 125% over cost
                            nice

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                              for service customers - parts charges 125% over cost
                              nice
                              My buddy sells me OE stuff for the ram at cost + 10 and they are still a little expensive sometimes...
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X