2011 Mustang GT dynos at 395 rwhp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Mustang GT dynos at 395 rwhp

We know that dynos can "exaggerate" things, but if this is any near close what the regular production cars end up having, I say that's pretty decent for a car rated at 412 flywheel HP.

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Re: 2011 Mustang GT dynos at 395 rwhp

forget the power figures

what is truly amazing is that 4 percent drivetrain loss!!!! Ford has finally conquered the laws of physics!!

:D
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Probably an inertia type chassis dyno they used. Ford and for that matter, the rest of the auto industry has dynos and test proceedures we could only dream about. No way is a local shop going to have realistic numbers. I think their dyno is a little too optimistic. I'd like to see what numbers they get for a new Camaro.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

close to a camaro

Comment

in 2002

Comment

Mmmmm HP!
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              forget the power figures

what is truly amazing is that 4 percent drivetrain loss!!!! Ford has finally conquered the laws of physics!!

:D
              the car is so light.. I would hope it stayed that small.

I see it crosses into slob at 355 (?) .. very nice. Normal people can drive it no doubt.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano
                Probably an inertia type chassis dyno they used. Ford and for that matter, the rest of the auto industry has dynos and test proceedures we could only dream about. No way is a local shop going to have realistic numbers. I think their dyno is a little too optimistic. I'd like to see what numbers they get for a new Camaro.
                Most of the OEMs use Mustang chassis dynos - that's the bulk of Mustang's business. You can find a mustang dyno in just about every town in America. They record horsepower as it's defined by SAE. Local shops just about anywhere can give you accurate numbers.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I was thinking the gross must be more than advertised if they did get 395 rwhp.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    close to a camaro
                    Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    in 2002
                    That's funny I though those cars were like 325hp... oh yeah they were. So now the Mustang will be close on HP and still weigh less. It's good to be the king ;D

Comment

the fight is over

I don't think much performance will be on the menu at general michelle

Comment

They dynoed the 2010 GT500 a while back and got 511rwhp............ I think cars in the hands of owners dyno in the 470-480 range.

Comment

Working...
                        X