No announcement yet.

Shop space.... We need Shop space...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shop space.... We need Shop space...

This is the old place, currently I have no place :-[, in a week I should be moved into the new place.
    Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

I have 144 outlets I installed in my shop, and almost everyone of them has a power strip coming off it now to double or triple it's capacity(the ones for for low amp items that is).... and I'm still out of recepticles every time I turn around. Not to mention 300+' of pvc pipe to 11 or 12 air couplers from the compressor... and I could always use another airline somewhere too!
      Todd

Comment

I really like small work spaces because they force you to focus on organization... and you simply know where everything is at all times... it simply can't be buried "to deep" the up side to moving that much is that your always forced to sort and throw out junk... rather then collect it... ( like i do now ... until I get mad and clean up once a year or so )

The also limit your options and allow you to focus on one project at a time... ( very important skill in my opinion )

ahhh Okay... I lived thru that freaking lie... I'm soooo happy now I could just shit... but I've been where some of you are... and it's livable... I've done some nice work out of a 5 X 10 side building to a carport.

K

Comment

What's not shown in my picture was the $200+ per month I was spending on storage for the vehicles and ancillary tools.

I finally bought a house 8 minutes from work with a 1400 sq foot garage. I won't know what to do with myself.

Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

I built my first 396 in a little 5x10 room like that, and hauled it over to the neighbor's to use their A frame thing to hook the come-along to so I could drop it in.

Having a garage with a concrete floor is definitely more enjoyable.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
              I really like small work spaces because they force you to focus on organization... and you simply know where everything is at all times... it simply can't be buried "to deep" the up side to moving that much is that your always forced to sort and throw out junk... rather then collect it... ( like i do now ... until I get mad and clean up once a year or so )
              Its like christmas to be at turks for spring cleaning... ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedZealot
                Its like christmas to be at turks for spring cleaning...
                I have a few friends like that, which is why I have so much crap now!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I really like small work spaces because they force you to focus on organization... and you simply know where everything is at all times... it simply can't be buried "to deep"
                  What a recognisable thought.
                  That's also what I usually say to myself when I'm out searching for something for the past hour... "It's got to be here, I know it is, 'cause everything is here... but where?" ;D

When people ask me how I can find stuff again I always tell then my place is 'chronologicly' ordered... LOL. Most of the time I remember where a part has to be because I've put surrounding parts there at the same time once... :D

They also limit your options and allow you to focus on one project at a time... ( very important skill in my opinion )
                  Tried that, didn't work.
                  Sometimes the time I had to wait for parts to arrive took so long, I'd better start working again on another project. Living in the Netherlands gives you that problem ;)

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I'm Working the Storage Shed and Yard thing at the Moment. But it aint stopping me.

Comment

we need Pictures... hard to drool over words...
                      NEVER seen it that clean! I'd say you have too much time on your hands, but I know that's not a recent foto ;-)
                      Ed

Comment

My car-hole sucks compared to some of those previously posted, but here are some pics.

Here's my old place, with me bench-pressing my Corvair. It had no electricity, which sucked. I built one of the motors for the Corvair in there with absolutely no artificial light.

Comment

I'm embarrassed, but I'll post some pics of my hovel in a day or so. Since I moved I don't seem to be able to get organized, but I do have a fairly nice space - 30x40, all steel. As it's warming up a bit, my next project will be a lean-to off the back so I can get the lawn stuff out of there and have a second bay available to put the race car in. The wood shop also takes up almost 1/4 of the shop, as there's no way to have a basement here in coastal NC. A side note - I have covered all of the lot that the building folks will let me! I can have a shed (or the lean-to) but no more permanent structure.

Later
                          Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X