Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brought to you by those crazy mofo's in KC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brought to you by those crazy mofo's in KC.

A couple of years back, my buddy, Dragstrip Dave, was put in charge of organizing a cruise that was to be, in part, supported by Kansas City International Raceway. Well, Dave did his best to put on a show and actually shut down a section of Noland Road (THE cruise spot in KC) to have some fun with local racers/cruisers. According to Dave, the local authorities had already been informed of the occasion and were supposedly in agreement with the proceedings which included some displays of horsepower by a front-engined dragster and a pro-mod on city streets.

One of these days, you need to hear Dave tell the whole story, but here is the video!

I am the announcer at Kansas City International Raceway.KCIR. This video was taken June 3rd. 2006 on a very busy 4 lane road that was just resurfaced and rep...

Have fun!

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Re: Brought to you by those crazy mofo's in KC.

I havent seen anything like that since the 08 power tour in springfeild mo. what was up with the promod???? :D
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Lotsa ingredients for some ugly in that clip
      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71
        I havent seen anything like that since the 08 power tour in springfeild mo. what was up with the promod???? :D
        Zack Barklage's car.

Man, that was dangerous as hell. There were people coming in the other direction! Pro Mods on the street were illustrated to be killers with the Troy Critchley incident in Selmer, Tenn.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I can't get past that avatar. Disturbing yet mesmerizing

Comment

Originally posted by meatwagon
            I can't get past that avatar. Disturbing yet mesmerizing
            Scanners!

Comment

Did we die and go to heaven?
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Somebody must've called in a holdup at the Krispy Kreme. Those cops were out to lunch

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
                  Lotsa ingredients for some ugly in that clip
                  Ohhh yeah. Lucky it didn't go bad.

It vividly reminded me of the way I felt one night - scared - - watching the World of Outlaws cars run at the Lancaster SC motor speedway. The threshold of the track was a concrete wall about as tall as a kitchen countertop, and then there were the fans in the stands. And we were in the cheap seats. Like in the video above, nothing bad happened. I knew I was risking our lives when we went t that show. But we went anyhow, wanted to see it. Vroom vroom vroom!
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

THAT looks like fun.Just as any car show or cruisenight should have.BUT,no cars in the other direction please.

Comment

they get alll excited when the race car starts up

dead bodies/jail time is no fun

Comment

Working...
                      X