Tire Pressure Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tire Pressure Monitors

A few months ago I got to meet the person they were invented for. I was getting new snow tires when this guy comes in ranting and raving about his new tires being defective. The Temp had just droped for winter, probably 30 deg in a week and the light on the dashboard came on. The salesman said they were probably a little low from the temp drop and they would top them off but the customer wanted four new ones saying that in 30 years of driving he never had to add a drop of air to a tire. The salesman said "Oh so your the one, for every new idiot light somewhere there is an idiot that needed it".

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
      The how-much-gas-is-in-the-tank sensor is pretty helpful at times. Two tries ago I was married to a primate who didn't understand what that sophisticated option was good for.
      Sure she did Pee Wee, it was time to give it to you to fill it up........ Like all of them.... ;D

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Wally
        A few months ago I got to meet the person they were invented for. I was getting new snow tires when this guy comes in ranting and raving about his new tires being defective. The Temp had just droped for winter, probably 30 deg in a week and the light on the dashboard came on. The salesman said they were probably a little low from the temp drop and they would top them off but the customer wanted four new ones saying that in 30 years of driving he never had to add a drop of air to a tire. The salesman said "Oh so your the one, for every new idiot light somewhere there is an idiot that needed it".
        God I love to meet that Salesman and shake his hand..... ;D

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
        1966 Plymouth Fury III
        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Come on Spidey, tell them how you really feel about TPMS!

It's reason number 4,904, 877 that a "proud, domestic car buyer" can bring their new purchase back to the dealership for warranty work!

And, IRONHEAD, why thank him for supporting "another country" - if he's a taxpayer, he's already spending more on Domestic automakers than on his Kia.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Most of this electrical gadgetry is thought up for the lazy B*****D.
            The BMW has door mirrors that angle down when reverse is selected,
            BUT do not go back when drive is selected.
            ???
            Two minutes after pulling away the doors lock, except the driver door,
            that has given up.
            Rear wash wipe, we have wipe but no wash.
            >
            The remote entry is also out to lunch, use the key,
            but it only opens the driver door.

Comment

There good for folks like mrs. arrowhead since she's karting around my kin folk. Sad fact is, big government/big corporate lawyers have created a mind set in non-junkies that cars are built like clock radios...add energy and they just work :'(
              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

mr no wrench has not tried to reset bmw

Comment

I have one! It's a little sliver stick thing and when you put it on the tire rubber stick-out dicky thing it spits out a little ruler that says what the pressure is. Cool as hell! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    mr no wrench has not tried to reset bmw
                    Spidey, I would have made you proud. I rotated the tires on mrs arrowhead's junk (08 Acadia) which requires resetting the TPM. Yeah, did it ! (very strange technique in the manual that I won't bore you all with it) There's hope for me yet :o
                    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

And, IRONHEAD, why thank him for supporting "another country" - if he's a taxpayer, he's already spending more on Domestic automakers than on his Kia.
                      Sure I bought a foreign vehicle. I bought it from a dealer in the US, I spend money at that US dealer, I pay tags and taxes to the US, our tax dollars went to bail out GM and others. I looked at other vans, hell we looked at all of them. The Kia had the features we wanted, excellent warranty, best price and they gave us a shit ton of money for our Olds Silhouette as a trade in. I would rather have bought an American made car, but it just wasn't in the cards this time.

Comment

good excuse to sell 0.2 nitrogen fills

Comment

but it pisses my beloved customers off ....so , I don't like it either

Comment

Working...
                          X