Adventure Buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adventure Buying?

2 Max....this is a feat of endurance and overcoming the sheer stupidity of the contest (and I mean that in a good way). I may have trouble with one person wanting to stay in the car with me.

Three's no challenge at all...(laughs like an idiot)

This thing could be the stuff of legend.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk

They have a fun rally across Africa like this every year

Bummer, dude...cancelled for 2008! =====> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakar_Rally

Comment

Count me in, Keith! Especially if I get something with a slant six. I know enough to bring a ballst resistor....

Dan

Originally posted by KeithTurk
        Wow... haven't seen that movie... but it gives me a really good idea...

How bout we give David and Chad a limit of say 1500 to buy us a car... but make them do it say.... 6 times... then we race all 6 of them to Detroit were they don't have Good tin any more... so we'd be sharing California's Golden Tin with the North's Crappy tin but Great motors... Matter of fact we could have a publized auction for the cars at the conclusion of the race...

This could get really dastardly... Like all the keys go into a hat and you don't know which car your taking till the last minute.... I can see the send off party along with the arrival party.... and auction night... this could easily be a weeklong event... with HUGE smiles along the way... I'll bet we could sell the six team slots in no time...

Keith

Comment

Would there be support vehicles, or would each team just get a trunk full of WD-40 and duct tape?

Comment

I am loving this idea. Come on up to Detroit and I might even buy one of the cars. Sounds like alot of fun.
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

The only "support vehicle" should be a beer truck.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

The only "support vehicle" should be a beer truck.

How about a van ambulance doubling as a keg-truck

(also hauling nitrous refill cylinders on its roof)

sitting on the back of a rescue Rollback? -- ;)

Comment

Keith i bullshit you not....sign me up, talk about fun...or do the hertz rental, all the insurance you can get, and let,em fly ;D
                  Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

OK after dreaming about this last night, SoCal to Detroit, $1500 beaters,we have carjunkys on a map, make the carjunkys the check points, might be a little outta the way but what the hell, each check point could post the days stats, whos on first,whats on second,who blew up,or DNF,s ect ect...someones gotta put this togeather
                    Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Tonya and the Maty Boys... ( Mikelsr, and Greenjunk ) got there heads together last night and decided Chicago would be better ... a bit closer and not quite as north...

SO they vote for Chicago as the destination... ( I still like Detroit cause nothing says Car like Detroit )

Couple of things to remember... David and Chad are Currently BURIED in crap... they really don't need this on thier table...( No comments from them .. I just know what they are doing right now and it's pretty brutal ) So we've come up with a workable concept and several of us are willing to go play and have some fun.... I know Fred, Brian, Freaking Bill will be here along with Brian, David and Chad... So we "can" do this.... it's just a matter of timing...

I'm going to start a new thread about this... we'll call it the Spitball Derby... ( thank you Brian Lohnes )

Keith

Comment

Working...
                      X