Space Saver Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Saver Tires

I often wondered about those smaller wheel/tire combos as spares.
    They fit in the trunk but the wheel you remove might not.

Check out this nasty tale of a removed wheel with bulge.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lodes-lap.html

My space saver was thrown out a long time ago, nowhere in the "trunk" of a 3rd Gen Camaro for a full size wheel and tire, if I need to change a tire, I will call my breakdown assistence.
    Another factor is roads being so busy and drivers so distracted, kneeling changing wheels is not safe anymore.

Re: Space Saver Tires

if you keep an eye on your tire level, you only need a bottle of flat fixer. It's the yahoos who drive their cars on mostly flat tires, then explode them who need the donut.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
      if you keep an eye on your tire level, you only need a bottle of flat fixer. It's the yahoos who drive their cars on mostly flat tires, then explode them who need the donut.
      Or the yahoo's who drive on rutted dirt roads causing the tread to be worn or thrown off causing a severe unbalance and driving on inflated steel belting. I've only done that twice. : I'll take a real tire over fix-a-flat any day of the week. I've seen potholes take good tires and rims out too.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

incorrect sir,, anyone thats worked or driven through a construction site, will tell you different

Comment

Please, from a guy that used to run a tire shop, do NOT use fix-a-flat. Tires are hell to patch when that crap has been used, usually the patch won't hold without some serious cleaning.

Comment

Other reasons not to use it.

http://www.tiredefects.com/fix-a-fla...-inflators.cfm

Comment

Keep your spare properly inflated too!

Nothing worse than needing it - and finding the spare is flat!

I try to remember to check the spare pressure every time I rotate the tires.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
              X