So my 5yr old says to me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my 5yr old says to me....

Too cute not to share.....was working on my oldest sons car when my youngest son says to me....

"Daddy, I wish I had a garage somewhere else so I could build a car just like yours. Building a car is very hard, yup, very hard and if I don't know how I could read the directions". I want to make a car that makes the front tires come off the ground and smoke come from the back tires...can your car do that? (this is when I think...no you little shit thanks for rubbing salt in the wouds )

I love all my kids but this little guy...well he is something special...he is deaf but can hear a hot rods exhaust a mile a way...he loves all things with wheels...he says stuff like this to me all the time...without a doubt the coolest 5yr old gear head I have ever met.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: So my 5yr old says to me....

kids are a blast at that age, I remember taking my kids to car shows and thats where they learned to count (number of cars at the show) and the colors of cars
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

sadly little dude is a Ford freak...he is in love with Mustangs...he even makes fun of cars with fart cans...it must sound really funny thru his hearing aids or something....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

cool stuff kids. will keep you honest.
        terry

Comment

Joe, killer story.

Stuff like that will make you smile for a week.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
            Gladly little dude is a Ford freak...he is in love with Mustangs...he even makes fun of cars with fart cans...it must sound really funny thru his hearing aids or something....
            fixed it for ya lol!

You son sounds like a real character! Great story

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad Blue
              Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
              Gladly little dude is a Ford freak...he is in love with Mustangs...he even makes fun of cars with fart cans...it must sound really funny thru his hearing aids or something....
              fixed it for ya lol!

You son sounds like a real character! Great story
              Fixed it? suppose thats open for debate LOL....

He is a trip....His older bro has a blue mustang and it was the first car I showed him how to recognize....in retrospect...probably not the smartest move...mom and dad have rams and he likes Ford trucks better too....gonna have to beat it out of him

Comment

That is funny.
                That age can reveal a path by the engines they like.

My own family, I have a brother 1 year younger (parents got busy) :

its like a tinnitus attration versus a primal drum...sound made why we decide what engines we like...it does not need ears.

I went v8/boxers, my brothers first love of cars was screaming nissan.

no reltion to waht your son said..but this is what I thought of.
                :D
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
                  That is funny.

its like a tinnitus attration versus a primal drum...sound made why we decide what engines we like...it does not need ears.

I think his 5yr old makes more sense than you do....
                  Central TEXAS Sleeper
                  USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                    Originally posted by boxer3main
                    That is funny.

I think his 5yr old makes more sense than you do....
                    i can kinda understand him.

basically what hes saying is he likes the sound of v8s/boxer engines

and his brother likes the sound of high-revving 4 cyl and 6 cyls of the nissan variety ;D

Comment

Cool Story ! Thanks for sharing it !

I am certain that you can get some sort of pill or shot or something to cure that blue oval infection the kid has.

Comment

Great story for sure, but then they become Teenagers! Do you think we could get him over the "Blue Oval infection" if I were to send him a couple of 80's Camaro Promo models, let me know, I'm serious, we need to do something fast!

Comment

Introduce him to a Grand National... Not saying that he'll get hooked on them, just if anything can open his mind as to what is fast, a Buick that is darn fast will.

After that you can move on to things like 440 full sized and other Big Block intermediates. Save the pony cars for later and get on with the muscle.
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

cool story, reminds me of when I first started working on my car, it looked like hell. we had just moved into the neighborhood and my youngest son was showing his new friend around the house, when he got to the garage where I was working, he says, " this is my dad's car" and then whispers to him, "it's okay if you think it looks bad" ;D ;D ;D
                            "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

That's awesome, it sounds like you've got him off to a good start (other than the Ford thing). Can't wait to see what kind of iron he's wrenching on in ten years.

Comment

Working...
                              X