Ease up on the right pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ease up on the right pedal

I guess I could have titled this "support your local Law Enforcement", anyway I had to make a round trip (470 miles) to Elkhart Indiana today to pick up a bus and I can truthfully say I've never seen this many State Troopers writing tickets, A conservative guess would be between 25 and 30, my second guess is both Illinois and Indiana need the money! To answer your next question, nope I wasn't on the receiving end!

Re: Ease up on the right pedal

I always like it when they are on the side of road "busy" and advertising that they are around. ;D

Comment

You may have heard that Illinois is laying off some state troopers. Maybe they were out to raise revenue to save a few jobs.

Comment

maybe they've been board, and passed on ticket writing in the winter,,
        every spring, the first good days they are out in force.. writing away..

Comment

Here in CO they just started click-it or tick-et but it's also including aggressive drivers and speeders. Don't know if it's after money or something else but at least they advertise that it's going on to make it look less random.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

this went on in germany around 1938 too

Comment

Originally posted by Phil318
              You may have heard that Illinois is laying off some state troopers. Maybe they were out to raise revenue to save a few jobs.
              Yep, that was kind of my guess also, then don't forget we've got to keep Mayor Daley's Chicago Machine well greased and running.

Comment

They are all over the interstates in Indy. They set up seat belt checks too. Just off the side of the road till they see you drive by without a belt on then they get ya.
                The only time I don't see them so active is in hard rain. Other than that, they are there.

Comment

The states have to balance their budgets somehow. After years of out of control spending supported by a booming economy the chickens have now come home to roost and now they are in quite a pickle and need some way to balance the budget.

Comment

Its everywhere this weekend NC has OPERATION SLOW DOWN all weekend. The popo is everywhere.

Comment

On my nine mile drive home from work yesterday I saw two people pulled over, one by the Sheriff and the other by the Highway Patrol. Statistically that's a lot right? I knew one of them, they deserved to get pulled over, or at least was a long time coming, the d*ck speeds all over town.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Spring break and Easter. There everywhere. Here in Ga the said no more 5 mph over forgiveness. They gonna get you.
                        OH YEAH
                        Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Page2171
                          The states have to balance their budgets somehow. After years of out of control spending supported by a booming economy the chickens have now come home to roost and now they are in quite a pickle and need some way to balance the budget.
                          now the economy is in the mud - spending is higher than ever - ticketing troopers are too lazy to actually police the area - why not search all the cars too ? easier to write tickets

Comment

We have 4 -count em 4 different police forces here in the area that can write you tickets. and they do.I think farting and driving is an offense here.

Comment

Yea be nice to me ;D

Steve
                              Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Working...
                              X