Is my friend beyond stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my friend beyond stupid?

Last night I gave a ride to a friend who I thought was intelligent. Thursday night he's out with a buddy at a strip club and he says he was talking with a stripper and discovers she lives three blocks down the street. He was drunk, but somehow she ended up getting $400 of his during a lap dance. Brilliant, bud.

Then he tells me a wife of a friend comes by Friday morning. She is crying and holding a letter saying their house will be auctioned off on Monday. Her husband gave her his checks to which she was supposed to pay bills, including the mortgage. Instead, she went shopping, purses, shoes, and such. When the notices of late payment came in the mail, she just hid them or threw them away. Her hubby had no clue. She apparently spent $80,000 that was supposed to go to the mortgage. Now, she can no longer hide her addiction from hubby and needs help. My friend cleans out his savings to keep his friend from killing his wife.

Anyone else think this is would be justifiable homicide? Anyone else think my friend is moron when comes to women and cash?
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Re: Is my friend beyond stupid?

Something tells me he'll never see any of that money again.
    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

First thing that came to mind for her was a deep sea fishing trip.

Comment

sorry, I would NEVER empty out my savings to help anyone out in that situation...
        If he had no idea his wife was spending that kind of money he kind of deservs what he gets
        and I would be damned if I ever put myself in the poor house to keep someone out of it....

you buddy is a loon
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

YES :o

Comment

Money problems can't be solved with money. Sounds weird but it's true. There's HUGE problems in this marriage and bailing her out of this situation will only lead to another one - and he has no money left for that go-round. The problem is her addiction and his blindness (where did he THINK all those shoes and so on came from?). No one is talking in that home and money won't change that.

He's thrown money down a hole and he can kiss that goodbye. He's kindly but a fool. BTW - would you tell him I'm crying because I don't have the cash to make my race car the way I need it to go 200?

Dan (sniff, sniff, WAHHHHH)

Comment

I don't get people like that.

Dan, You'll have to put on a mini-skirt and a wig ;D
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Some people have a heart of gold. Or is sleeping with his buddy's wife. I'd like to believe the first

Comment

I wouldn't say he's beyond stupid, unless he goes to his friend and coughs up the story--and his friend subsequently works out a plan to pay back the $80 large they now owe him.

As for the wife, I'd say it's now a good time for the husband to find a divorce lawyer....

Comment

stupid for putting the wiff-A in charge of paying the bills
                    I know mine would spend like a donkey on election day if she just had the money - I don't let her have it [anymore]
                    your buddy may end up in heaven yet , but taking poverty vows to help out a friend is too much

Comment

My ex was like that. She has Bi Polar and when she is on the upswing she would spend every cent she could find, and then some. She hounded me for two years to let her take care of the bills and have access to the account. So I said we will try it and see how it goes. So I come home from work one day and the lights are off. The neighbors have power but we dont. She threw the bills away and they shut it off after three months. After that she started hiding the bills from me and saying she paid them. When I changed jobs I was going to move my 401K into an account so I could start a shop, I had about $10k in it when I changed jobs. She spent all of it in less than a month.

When I went back to the USAF in 2000, she was not allowed access to any of my money. If she wanted to get a job she could, but no way in hell was I going to let her write bad checks and get me in more financial trouble with my Commander. I was already in enough hot water because of what she did to my credit and I went back in to start paying it back. So she meets this crazy b**** who says that I am abusive because I wont allow her access to the money I make. The b**** said I should just hand over my check to her and let her do everything, but we had already tried that and there was no way she would get any of it without asking. She talks her into leaving me, and really at that point I didnt care anymore about her.

The problem was she took off with my kids one day without saying anything, just disappeared. Because of her I missed out on 6 years of my kids growing up, and she had my oldest thinking I didnt want her around. After a summer up here they both know I am not the crazy or abusive one, and I have been able to reconnect with my kids now that they are teenagers. My kids were amazed that I could go buy food after the 4th of the month! I honestly think my 16 year old could manage money better than my ex and her new guy.

Some people should not be allowed to spend money. Its that simple. Your friend isnt an idiot, he is just in a position where he doesnt want to see the problem, or he knows about it now that it is too late, and he doesnt want to end up like me and miss out on his kids lives. Some people are a waste of skin and oxygen, some have mental issues, and some just have a problem that can be fixed if they get the right help. Which one is your friends wife? I dunno, but I am thrilled she isnt my wife.

Comment

REALITY CHECK - it's not his wife! It is his friend's wife - he loaned 80K to a friend and his wife with a spending problem.

YES he is STUPID!

Comment

I guess I didn't make it clear. He didn't loan her $80k. She spent that much. I doubt it was more $10k. She was able to return some of the stuff she bought as well, but not near enough.

Yeah, he does have a good heart, but I think he's a sucker for a pretty girl with a sob story. I honestly don't know how close he is with this couple. I do know he is not involved in a love triangle.

My Dad gave me some advice when it came to loaning money. He said never loan a cent more than you're willing to give that person. Loaning money to friends has ended more relationships than anything else.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Sorry Reb - I don't mean to be bagging on your friend but having some first hand experience myself with an "overspender" it isn't likely to change or turn out good. You dad gave you some good advise - I would rather have my friends hate me for being a tightass / cheapskate then me ending up hating them for not paying me the money they owed me.

Comment

Is it possible that this woman has learned her lesson, and now will begin learning financial responsibility?
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X