Why old cars rule.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why old cars rule.

I'd like to see how just about any modern new car would do in this scene. Particularly when the car was driven off the loading dock :o I would of like to be behind the scenes during the filming of this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Magnum Force chase scene.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Re: Why old cars rule.

steel. its a great invention.

ther 90hp harley ruins even the hollywood effects. the vw bus could've outran it. :

here is an awesome chase scene, lot of banging and effects old school:

From the comedy 'Short Time' with Dabney Coleman, Matt Frewer and Teri Garr. Overall, considering all factors, I find this the best car chase scene ever film...

and it is rather funny. ;D
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

he made the same left twice...but a new car would have been done after the bus side swipe...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

My favorite Dirty Harry movie! With a newer car the airbags would have blown on the first jump.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Magnum force is a good one very good.

Heres another

Comment

you think hitting the vw bus was a political statement? ;) especially after the dialogue about "sticking with the system until something better comes along"?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
              Magnum force is a good one very good. Heres another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vACWV5sRcY
              Seven Ups chase is awesome....I want that Ventura for my project car, seriously 8)
              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                Magnum force is a good one very good.

Heres another

Cool a Ventura with a posi chasing a Bonneville... that rocks.

Arrowhead I have a 71 Ventura waiting for its turn in the shop.. Cool cars.

Comment

those pontiacs looked good blasting up the taconic parkway

Comment

Not a Harley, it's a Moto Guzzi. However SFPD did use shovelheads in their fleet back then

Comment

Damn, I hadn't seen that Seven-Up one. Awesome.

Comment

my uncle has a ventura and is a encyclopedia of ventura info... he showed me that ventura chase some time ago...too cool.
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Bill Hickman spent most of his career as a stunt driver, and was involved in the now legendary car chase scenes from Bullitt, The French Connection and The Seven-Ups, all shot on actual city streets. Bill spent some of his earlier days as driver and friend to James Dean, driving Dean's Ford station wagon towing his famed 550 spyder nicknamed ?Little Bastard?, and often helping and advising him with his driving technique, he was driving the Ford station wagon and trailer following Dean on the day of his fatal accident and was first on the scene. Hickman was an extra in Dean's 1951 feature movie debut Fixed Bayonets!.

Comment

A little more modern.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I never saw the Seven Up chase before. Never looked at a Pontiac Ventura as a muscle car. Still don't. But it was badass nontheless. Somebody check Roy Scheider for internal injuries. That crash would have killed most of us

Comment

Working...
                              X