Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by bjohn; February 10, 2024, 11:08 AM.

Re: 1966 Chevelle Malibu

Does a bear shit in the woods....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I could use a truck like that If only I had the cash you could sell me your truck and buy the Malibu.

Comment

Originally posted by hairysox33
        Well, things I am worried about, it needs a trunk pan and a fender. Meaning there is probably some decent floor rot being a Minnesota/Wisconsin car. I feel like I might get in over my head. Although, the car is cool as hell and the dude might send a little cash my way as well...
        You really need to make a thorough assessment of the amount rust......around the windows, trunk floors, floor boards, inner fenders, frame behind the wheels, rear bumper mounts...body mount areas...take a good long look..if there is a ton of rust repair walk away...trust me...unless you have mad skills like thumpin455. If you have the tools and skills, then look to see the cost of the replacement parts and look to see if it is worth the money...I am guessing this thing is probably a rust bucket underneath...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

yes , some welding may be required

Comment

northern chevelle..little v8, and it still looks good. I bet it is straight as a freakin cold steel arrow.

the old engine is a classic, and tranny (2 speed?)...swap for modern hoonage, or keep as leverage.

I would in a second, if truck wasn't needed.

I got this omen upon me about coupes.. must have b-pillar...and maybe even had a few more secret ingrediants to said pillar.

my greatest car was a 4 door chevelle. :
            I wonder if he wants a brown ten geared subaru... ;D
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

If you can tig weld you can mig like a wild man. Go for it, buy a mig (flux core if you have to), and burn some metal. Can't beat the feeling of accomplishment

Comment

Originally posted by hairysox33
                1966 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
                Should I?
                You asking a dumb ass question like this on this forum ??
                Of course we are going to say "DO IT" !!
                ;D

Comment

turbo hydraglide -cool
                  keep messing with cars until she says you can't anymore

Comment

D'uh.... otherwise you'll be D'oh!
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I got a '67 Malibu 4-door coupe with 98k a few years ago. The only rust was around the wheel lips. It was a fun car, great cruiser. Sold it to a buddy who sent it off for a fresh paint job and interior. Bolted on nice wheels, disc brakes, a Performer intake and cam with a Holley 550 on top of the otherwise stock 283, and swapped the PG for a TH350. It's a dead nuts reliable cruiser, gives him virtually no problems. He's not a mechanic so I get to wrench on it. ;D

Good buy, you'll have fun with it.
                      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Never had a problem, here...

Now I'm curious. I'm a young'n, what's the history on leaded vs unleaded fuels? ???
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Trunk- no problem.

B-pillar/rocker... yeah. Can you fabricate?

Comment

Hmmm... would that be or or or or or

I like smilies, can you tell?

Comment

I didn't think you could still buy leaded gas. Lead was used to save the exhaust valves and seats from wear. Use a lead substitute in your gas if you're worried. If the engine's been rebuilt it may already have hardened valves and seats for unleaded. I played the mixing game for awhile and got tired of cleaning deposits off the plugs. Haven't used it in over ten years now and have had no problems... yet. I'm more concerned over the lack of zinc in today's oil

Comment

Working...
                              X