Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My A$$ hurts!

Originally posted by fast Ed
    Wow, that seems high. The Ford / Lincoln dealer I work at, which is outside of Toronto, charges $79.90 to do install and balance on 4 passenger or light truck tires. Our door rate is $95, and the labour time is 1.2 on that job I believe, but they do it at a "menu price" of $79.90 to be competitive. I guess your dealer isn't worried about that Jordan. :o

cheers
    Ed N.
    that is the way to go. get true quote for overall job.

like local, $15 a tire swap..they don't care what it is, within the car, small truck realm.

the 16s on a truck can have some hefty ratings for weight, tough bead, tractor triler tough...maybe they had some trouble with them.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
      Gene - you make and excellent point - this is even more paramount with home remodeling / repairs as it is with automotive.... get a contract that outlines the work to be done in detail up front - you especially have to watch those garage door guys - thieves the lot of them! :D
      HA!
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Yeah, that was a REALLY dirty deal, given that they did you that way out of pocket, right in your face.

The first new car I ever bought was a 1986 Pontiac Sunbird. It was no time before the windshield wiper blades came apart, both of them. So I took it in to the dealer for the warranty repair and they put TWO guys on it, kept the car in the bay for exactly an hour, laughing and waving the new wiper blades at each other while they yakked. They did everything but use the new wiper blades as swords for a mock fight while I waited and watched through the waiting room window. Tick, tick, tick.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
          Originally posted by fast Ed
          Wow, that seems high. The Ford / Lincoln dealer I work at, which is outside of Toronto, charges $79.90 to do install and balance on 4 passenger or light truck tires. Our door rate is $95, and the labour time is 1.2 on that job I believe, but they do it at a "menu price" of $79.90 to be competitive. I guess your dealer isn't worried about that Jordan. :o

cheers
          Ed N.
          that is the way to go. get true quote for overall job.

like local, $15 a tire swap..they don't care what it is, within the car, small truck realm.

the 16s on a truck can have some hefty ratings for weight, tough bead, tractor triler tough...maybe they had some trouble with them.

Written quotes are the way to go, although this place has never kept its promises in the nearly 10 months that I've been there, so I don't know how much good that would have been. I think the best thing I could have done is take the same advice all our mechanics tell the staff: "Go somewhere else." And no, they're not trying to be competitive-they're trying to blindly grab at every dollar they can get their hands on. Then they wonder why no one's coming through the door.

Thanks everyone for chiming in here, I appreciate it. I might still be out $400, but at least I feel better about it!

Comment

sorry you got hosed jordan!!!!
            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
            X