Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIXED: where do you change your password on this site???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIXED: where do you change your password on this site???????

i got an email stating a password to use and now i can't find a link or option in my profile to change it.

thanks

"Good projects always have a good coat of primer."

Re: where do you change your password on this site???????

Originally posted by davis
    i got an email stating a password to use and now i can't find a link or option in my profile to change it.

thanks

After you log in go to profile, then account related settings.

Comment

Davis,

account related settings is correct. If you have problems, let me know and we'll see what we can do to help.

Welcome to BangShift.com
      "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

i must be blind, cuz i don't see anything related to my password.
        just my online status and forum name and my email.

Comment

i must be blind, cuz i don't see anything related to my password.
          just my online status and forum name and my email.

mine will not change it.. it goes back to the home page..
          but the "profile link) is in a box almost 1/3 way down on left side

Comment

yeah,
            i click on account related settings and it throws me to the Bangshift homepage........

screw this.

Comment

Log out and log back in. It sometimes does that to me also.

Comment

Hmmm weird. Davis, call me and I'll help you out. 214.876.4316
                "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Chad in his best Apu Nahasapeemapetilon voice, "Hello this is Bang Shift Tech, My name is Chad. How may I help you"
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

i click on account related settings and it throws me to the Bangshift homepage........
                    Yep, a know problem, sorry for that.
                    You are unable to change your email address, due to the "Profile Information" link not working properly.
                    There is a workaround, that everyone can use, until they get it fixed.

Copy and paste the link below into your browser window and change the "u=xxx" with your own usernumber.
                    (which you can see in the browsers info-bar at the bottom left of the screen, when you hover the mouse over your own username.)

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index...ion=profile;u=xxx;sa=account

where xxx is your user number (or x, xx, xxx - whatever number of digits required for your user number).

davis, use this link already custom coded for you specifically;
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index...206;sa=account

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                      You are unable to change your email address, due to the "Profile Information" link not working properly.

Copy and paste the link below into your browser window and change the "u=xxx" with your own usernumber.
                      (which you can see in the browsers info-bar at the bottom left of the screen, when you hover the mouse over your own username.)

where xxx is your user number (or x, xx, xxx - whatever number of digits required for your user number).

davis, use this link already custom coded for you specifically;
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index...206;sa=account

Where did you learn to Moderate so well?

Comment

Re: FIXED: where do you change your password on this site???????

?Never go to excess, but let moderation be your guide.?
                        "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Speaking of trying to change stuff.......

I've been trying to figure out how to change the email address associated with my profile. When I click on the "account related settings" section, it takes me directly back to the main blog page. When I click on the "notifications and email", it lets me select what gets emailed to me, but never a place to change the actual email address. Any ideas???

Comment

Originally posted by Rustang
                            I've been trying to figure out how to change the email address associated with my profile. When I click on the "account related settings" section, it takes me directly back to the main blog page. When I click on the "notifications and email", it lets me select what gets emailed to me, but never a place to change the actual email address. Any ideas???

Rustang, use this link already custom coded for you specifically;
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index...006;sa=account

Comment

Steve, thanks for the link, but I've still got problems! It took me to the correct place to change the email address, but it doesn't accept my password. I tried 4 times and no go. I know it's the right password because I logged into Bangshift from my mobile phone using the same password and had no problems seeing the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X