We Need Your Best Positive Energy, Prayers, or Whatever You Believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need Your Best Positive Energy, Prayers, or Whatever You Believe

This may sound weird if you're not a dog person but needs no explanation if you are.

Beaux the Wonder Dog is getting up in years. He was a stray so we don't know exactly how old he is but he's at least 11 - perhaps as old as 13. He came to us 10 years ago with a heart murmur which is probably congenital and it's gotten worse. He started coughing uncomfortably a few days ago so we took him to his doc who loves him like we do. Well, the Old Boy has a shadow on his lung in a location that can't be biopsied without surgery and he's not a candidate for anesthesia because of his bad heart. Putting him on Lasix to relieve fluid retention seems to help but his long-term does not look good. Dr. Bradler thinks it's most likely cancer. So we'll probably lose our boy soon.

Several of you have met Beaux and those who have can attest that he's not "just another dog". He has taught me much about patience (he's patient with EVERYBODY), gentleness, and acceptance. He's also smart and, in his younger days, silly and playful at the appropriate times. I just hope he's passing some of this along to his little brother Kingsford.

The Best Positive Energy/ prayers are NOT for a miracle cure. He's lived a wonderful life with us what will be will be. Please hope for a comfortable life for whatever is left for him and the wisdom for his people to know when it's time to let him go.

Thanks All
    Dan

Re: We Need Your Best Positive Energy, Prayers, or Whatever You Believe

Dan, sorry to hear that. I know how you feel. We have 2 dogs and 4 cats. Soozie, the Aussie is 12 and going deaf. Tough to see them get old and have problems.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Done. Hopin' for the Best.
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Dan, I do know what you are going through. We have two rescued Rotties at the moment, the 6th and 7th my wife and I had over the years.

There are really no words, but we have always celebrated what they have brought us and give so unselfishly.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Beaux.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

You got it.
          "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

you got it boss been there don it never easy hope it all works for the best happy thought brother

Comment

my prayers are for you and your great pooch.
              Aaron
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Sorry to hear your boy is not doing well Dan. Having lost 2 in the last 3 years I know exactly what you're going through. Happy thoughts coming your way for everybody.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I am a dog person all I can say I know how you feel

Comment

All my best wishes. Hardest part of having a pet.

Comment

Dan,

I have had dogs for as long as I can remember. Losing them is absolutely the worst part of it, but if you remember them for all the great times you had together, it will put a smile on your face. My thoughts are with you, your family and Beaux.

I wish everyone could experience the joy of having a great dog.

Ron
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Consider it done.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                          Dan,

I have had dogs for as long as I can remember. Losing them is absolutely the worst part of it, but if you remember them for all the great times you had together, it will put a smile on your face. My thoughts are with you, your family and Beaux.

I wish everyone could experience the joy of having a great dog.

Ron
                          That's a great way of putting it Ron - the pure joy of having a great dog has been on of life's real pleasures for me. There have been many times when the dogs I shared a home with were far more friendly, peaceful, forgiving, and more fun to be around than the other people I lived with!

Dan - no words are sufficient - know that we empathize and sympathize with you and I will pray for the best to come from this situation - having Kingsford now is more important than ever.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dan, you and ME got my prayers. I'll pray that you both have the emotional strength to deal with the pain.

Gene
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Our hearts and thoughts are with you, ME and Beaux. Even though the decision you may be facing allows your pet and friend more dignity in passing than we humans are often granted, nothing eases the loss and fills the hole. Just know there is a large community that cares for y'all.

Comment

Working...
                              X