We Need Your Best Positive Energy, Prayers, or Whatever You Believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We Need Your Best Positive Energy, Prayers, or Whatever You Believe

Best wishes to your little guy, glad he is feeling better.

We have our own 14 yo frisbee girl, Annie.

Even tho she is losing her sight and hearing, she still only wants to protect and please us.........It is hard see them get old.

A.K.A. Brian
    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

Sorry about your dog, there has only been short lapses in my life where I didn't have the pleasure of their company, so I know your dilemma quite well.
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Glad to hear he's comfortable.....give him a good belly rub for me....
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
          Thanks to all for the kind thoughts and good wishes. For now the Lasix seems to allow him to be comfortable and he's not having those racking coughs much anymore. As long as he's comfortable we'll keep him around but we'd never leave him to suffer. I agree that humans should have the ability to choose an compassionate exit when the time comes like we do for our animal friends.

Again, THANKS. It helps.
          Dan
          My German Shephard was having pain issues in the back legs and believe it or not accupuncture helped alot. I even had sled dog booties on his rear paws to keep them from getting scraped up on the driveway, but eventually had to put him down. He rode to town in the back of the old truck, his most favorite place in the world, stopped at the local bistro to get him a hamburger, (hold everything but the meat please), 2 beers (for me) and off to the clinic. Held his head while the vet euthanized him, can't remember ever crying that much before either. Still think about that pooch everyday and it's been over 10 years.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Best wishes Dan.

Comment

Dan - real sorry to hear about your pup. I know how much it sucks. We lost a couple last year and then got new pups. The new ones help a lot, but you still majorly miss the ones that passed.

Prayers sent.
              Tampa, FL

Comment

Dan, prayers are with you and your family.
                Lost our girl of 17 years a few years ago...had her longer than our kids at the time...she was all they knew. I can tell you and yours have loved your dog as much as we did. She was always spoiled, went everywhere with us and always gave us enjoyment.
                That last day was the hardest ever. The kids said their goodbye's, the wife and I made the drive alone with her, and I held her for the last moments. I honestly believed after the shot we would have a few minutes to talk with her, but she was gone in seconds. I carried her to the car, drove her home and placed her in the bin I was to bury her in. She's in our backyard with a headstone.
                It was the right thing to do, and I can tell you know when the time is right for your great friend. All great dog owners do. Glad you had a good one.

Best wishes.

Comment

I never wanted another dog in my life but the wiffy came home with a chihauha who produced a couple of pups.
                  The second one is now my shadow, put my boots on he is ready to go, open the car door, he is in there ready to go.
                  I sit on the sofa and he is right there on my shoulder in a flash ready to bed down.
                  He is only two at the moment and as he is so small I guard him constantly.

I wish you strength to get through this difficult time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-relative.html

Comment

I came home from grade school one day to find a hyper fuzzball tackling me and licking me to death. I was told she was mine and my responsibility. She was christened Flash after Roscoe's dog in 'The Dukes Of Hazzard', but soon earned the nickname 'Moose' as she grew to over 100lbs. Walking her was an adventure as she outweighed me for awhile, but she was usually good about not dragging me too far down the street. She was big enough that her mere presense and deep bark kept us safe. People were very cautious around us even though Moose would only wanted to be friends. She was at my side through some of the worst moments in my life, wanting nothing more than her ears scratched or a belly rub. Her hips eventualy gave out on her when I was 20. I was with her at the vets and held her head when she was given the shot. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, but I owed it to her to comfort her. I understand very well what you are going through and am sending everything I got your way.

'What would man be without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of the spirit...' Chief Seattle
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                      Originally posted by DanStokes
                      Thanks to all for the kind thoughts and good wishes. For now the Lasix seems to allow him to be comfortable and he's not having those racking coughs much anymore. As long as he's comfortable we'll keep him around but we'd never leave him to suffer. I agree that humans should have the ability to choose an compassionate exit when the time comes like we do for our animal friends.

Again, THANKS. It helps.
                      Dan
                      My German Shephard was having pain issues in the back legs and believe it or not accupuncture helped alot. I even had sled dog booties on his rear paws to keep them from getting scraped up on the driveway, but eventually had to put him down. He rode to town in the back of the old truck, his most favorite place in the world, stopped at the local bistro to get him a hamburger, (hold everything but the meat please), 2 beers (for me) and off to the clinic. Held his head while the vet euthanized him, can't remember ever crying that much before either. Still think about that pooch everyday and it's been over 10 years.
                      Had to go a similar route with my shepard (mine loved an occasional corn dog) Still breaks my heart, no back yard @ the time...
                      Of course there was no way I wanted another dog. Some friends dropped a Lab/Mastif mix off, for me to "Watch" overnight.
                      3 days later, I'm like "That's my dog." Now, I can't believe he is 7 years old. What a big goofball, pretty darn good watchdog
                      though. Keep 'em comfy, gosh knows they provide us with a level of comfort that I'm not sure could be measured. God bless.

Comment

Sorry to hear that that he's having a hard time in his later years. But at least your doing your best to help him. I went through the same thing three years ago when my Boxer Cheyenne got Mast Cell Tumors, "MCT". I brought her home when she was only six weeks old. She was just shy of thirteen when we could no longer make her comfortable. I did not take that day well.

Comment

Working...
                        X