You ever just get lucky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You ever just get lucky?

I've had 2 things on this truck that have just 'worked' without me planning them one bit.

1. trans fit the crossmember perfect like Ford wanted me to put a BB in there.

2. driveshaft length turned out to be exactly the same length as a 92-96 SWB Ford F-150 and more specifically: a Lightning which has an aluminum shaft and the correct u-joints for what I am doing.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Re: You ever just get lucky?

Wow that is lucky I hope you bought some lotto tickets.

Comment

Buddy of mine finally got his car back.Took longer than expected and Saturday is supposed to be in the 60s.He got lucky!

Comment

DO twins count as being LUCKY?

Comment

No.

Unless my wife, kids and job count.

Comment

I scored a very nice 76 Torino decked out in fresh Starsky and Hutch paint and brand new big and little BFGs mounted on a nice set of Anses for 400 bucks....put a 351 in it drove it for 2 years and sold it for 3 times what I had in it...That was the first and last "lucky strike" i ever got with a car.......

Comment

luckiest I've ever got automotive wise? I guess the 15x7 Rallyes for 100 bucks.A friends brother in law bought them NOS in the late 70's.70 style centers,trim rings.He was amazed when i offered him a hundred bucks for them.Shoulda tried 50!

Comment

Back when I was 15 and she was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Oh Waite,,,thats another story. lol

Went out look at a firebird parts car, I came across my now GTA, seen it the first time by and got the phone #, then a couple days later on the way back from picking up the parts car, I called the guy, he met me at the GTA, I low balled him big time. I did not think he would bite, but with out hesatition he bit ( I mentioned I had cash) I was happy, I guess he was happy, he signed over the title, I had a friend along and drove it home. The rest is history........

Buddy
                Living the dream!

Comment

still waiting patiently for my turn.

Comment

I have never been lucky at anything to do with cars. Well I guess thats not true. I have never have been ticketed or arrested for any of the stupid ass stuff I have done while in it. Usually, it is a series of errors, or something conspires against me.

Comment

Funny thing with me is...

My cars I usually get really lucky with.

My wifes stupid SUV I never get lucky with, BUT I get lucky with the wife quite a bit.

It all comes out even in the wash.
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Yep, and I fondly recall her name was Lori Christiansen. She was so fine she could cause traffic accidents by just walking down the street. No joke. :o

But really, I have to agree with L98Camino, my family and even my job make me a pretty lucky guy, plus the fact that I found and was able to afford my dream car in 1989 after 13 years of searching. I couldn't hope to afford it today, but I have been able to enjoy it these past 19 years, so how much luckier could I possibly get? 8)

Comment

Actually my Caprice has been so good to me; I feel very lucky. I bought it at a junkyard with the intention of stripping it for my Impala, the disc brakes, 454, 4 core radiator, 12 bolt rear, power windows, etc; then scrap the leftovers. I only paid $2000 for the car in 10/01. I ended up giving it a tune up, Pertronix unit, a master cylinder, and a matching set of tires, then started driving while I was converting the Impala to a four speed. It's been dead nuts reliable so far with the exception of the alt regulator going out. It always fires instantly even after sitting for a couple months and it still has the battery that came from the junkyard when I bought it. It turned out to be a great second car except for it's lousy gas mileage. I finally got over a total of $4000 total investment in the car when I put new dual exhaust and a stereo in it. It has had two flat cam lobes from day one and I've told myself that I'll pull the motor and rebuild it when it starts running on seven cylinders. I'm still waiting.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Got lucky with my '85 BMW. My wife sells cars at a Pontiac dealership. Someone traded in two BMWs on a Bonniville. They gave $500 for the '85. Denise saw it and asked if she could buy it. $600 later we have an almost rust free 528e. That was about 3 years ago. I drive it every day. When I drive it nice it gets 35mpg. Normally I drive like an idiot and it still gets 30mpg.
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

My "Daily Driver" '71 Montego that I found on a used car lot in 1996. I paid $800 for it because I needed some cheap transportation. In the 12 years I've owned it, the only time it's ever failed is when the timing chain skipped at 167,000. It's by far the most dependable car I've ever owned.
                              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                              X