Drag Week Jacket - STOLEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Week Jacket - STOLEN!

Hey guys, I didn't want to post this as I am partially to blame but anyway. I was working on the car in my garage which faces an alley behind our little tiny houses and my DW 06 BB/NA Winner jacket was in an enclosed rolling clothes cart along with about 20 other jackets, my fire suit, my Donut Derelicts jacket etc. I had rolled this clothes cart out of my way so I could get under the car. A few of you have seen my garage and will understand why this was necessary.

The stuff was in the rolling cart because a good friend of ours lost her job and she and her daughter were staying with us in our guest bedroom for a few months until she got back on her feet. Anyway, my wife pulled up and needed help with the groceries so I walked around to the front of the house ( all of 100 feet) to help unload the bags and the dogs. I came back in a few minutes to the garage which I couldn't shut due to the stuff all over the floor to find the entire cart was gone. To say I freaked out doesn't nearly explain how I felt. I jumped in the truck and drove around looking for likely suspects and while we found the cops had tow vans pulled over they were for under age liquor and no plates(?!). But no luck. We filed the police report and I had to explain how dumb I was, though we have been here 18 years with no issues before.

So if you see someone, probably in So-Cal, wearing a Hot Rod Drag Week 2006 Jacket with "Winner BB/NA"on the front, please tell then they are wearing stolen property and to hand it over as you are now deputized. If they don't a few little blood stains won't offend me. The Jacket is dark grey flannel material with black leather sleeves. There is only one other of these West of the Rockies to my knowledge and that is Brian Rock's. So please feel comfortable taking any action you feel appropriate in the recovery process. I know I would be some what less than polite.

Thanks for listening, it was one of my most prized possesions and certainly the highlight of my automotive life.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Re: Drag Week Jacket - STOLEN!

Bill - I'm sorry this happened. I doubt it'll get to the East Coast but I'll be watching if it does.

Dave (greenjunk) stole a Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge jacket but he did it with a car.

Dan

Comment

I hate thieves ..

couple ideas, find a kid in the neighborhood that looks like he might know the type that might would steal it and offer him a reward if he brings it back, no questions asked

Place a craiglist ad saying the same

good luck
      sigpic

Comment

it seems very weird for someone to steal a rolling cart in his neighborhood, which is full of good neighbors, nice people etc.... ???

It would be neat if it was someone playing a practical joke...
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

If you find them SHOOT them!!!
          terry

Comment

Dude! I'm with Terry, you don't mind a small hole right? >
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I am so sorry that happened. I am sure you are just sick about it. I will keep an eye out for it. Do you think someone would be dumb enough to wear it to the races?? :o Got to be neighborhood teenagers. I would speak with your neighbors and post a humble reward. >
              sigpic
              Bluebaugh Racing
              Phoenix, AZ
              http://www.worldsfastestorganization.com
              http://www.1320racer.com

Comment

Sorry to hear it.
                Check craigslist, maybe post an add saying WTB dark grey flannel material with black leather sleeves jacket.

Comment

Im in So Cal as I type ( Anaheim) while Im here Ill watch for it. Didnt see it at the twilight cruise at the NHRA museum.
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

The only good thief is a dead thief.....
                    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                      I'm a little more lenient than that myself.. I think in Muslim countries they .... chop off hands, probably a better approach...

Comment

Originally posted by joe_rocket45
                        I'm a little more lenient than that myself.. I think in Muslim countries they .... chop off hands, probably a better approach...
                        That just plain sucks Bill..... Lets just flip a coin....... ether way works for me.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                        1966 Plymouth Fury III
                        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by joe_rocket45
                          That just gives them another opportunity to steal with the other hand .....
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

well.. i'm serious about chopping off hands, not sure about you and killing.... BTW, your signature is stealing space...

Comment

I'll be at Del Mar all weekend Bill, if I see it, the conversation will quickly go from pleasant to "Give me that ####ing jacket you prick bastard" ...Or something like that. ;D ;D ;D
                              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
                              X