Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westboro Baptist Church is attempting to strike again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westboro Baptist Church is attempting to strike again.

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    just my 0.002 , but denial of a presence of a higher power in government actions is throwing a bone to followers of atheism
    and making fun of religious types has been the cornerstone of the non believers
    I am not a holy roller , but questioning the antics of the last 50 years of anti religion going on around here , has also ridden on the back of the decline of modern society ..
    dayum!!!

this is a glimpse beyond the grease and 3 cord of snap on air tools; spidey is a deep thinker! :o
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Re: The Westboro Church people...

I think one of the problems that allows groups like this to flourish is the fact that, not only do we allow free speech, we go too far protecting those who are speaking stuff that, back in the 1800s, would get them a serious ass kicking (or worse). Nowadays, they know if they make enough noise before a protest, they're guaranteed taxpayer-funded protection by the riot cops.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
        Re: The Westboro Church people...

I think one of the problems that allows groups like this to flourish is the fact that, not only do we allow free speech, we go too far protecting those who are speaking stuff that, back in the 1800s, would get them a serious ass kicking (or worse). Nowadays, they know if they make enough noise before a protest, they're guaranteed taxpayer-funded protection by the riot cops.
        Problem is there's not enough county cops to go around, and Montcoal isn't big enough a town to warrant its own police force. They could get the WVSP down there I guess. To be real honest, I don't know exactly where they would set up their protest area. There's not that much room near the mine complex and the roads in that area are twisty and narrow. They could use the parking lot of the old high school near the mines, but I think that's where most of the families and media are currently camped at at the moment. I haven't heard anything from my friends, so they may have decided it wasn't in their best interest (or health) to go down there.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
          how is not beliving in god (atheism) church mocking

I am an atheist...I never mocked a church...and what the hell does atheism have to do with these douche bags...

just trying to understand your random thought...
          just my 0.002 , but denial of a presence of a higher power in government actions is throwing a bone to followers of atheism
          I am not a holy roller , but questioning the antics of the last 50 years of anti religion going on around here , has also ridden on the back of the decline of modern society ..
          One mans opinion... you're entitled... you can look for scapegoats in the non believers but the sad reality is that there is way more depravity and horror executed in the name of a god than by non believers... Not all non believers poke fun and mock those that do...just like not all who believe try to convert everyone they meet...SGM there is an asshole in every crowd if you know what I mean, That guy that pisses in the pool and runis it for everyone.

Just a matter of time before this thread gets shut down...a damn shame...we should pick this conversation up at a later date SGM....I like the way you think sometimes..
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

This is good convo....no need to kill anything off until it gets weird. Let's keep it from getting weird.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3
              I'm all for free speech but these assholes have gone way beyond that.... Just cause you can say it don't mean your not going to get your ass beat for saying it..... :-[
              I stand corrected. They did make it down there.....with their lawyer (the one person you never see in the videos). : They said they'd sue the first person who touched them. And there was police protection to a point. On a good note they didn't make it down to the mine complex itself, only to the road leading to it. The police said they WOULD NOT protect them if they went any farther. They sat there beside the road with their little signs for a little while and left. The funny thing was some of the local people surrounded them with their signs so you couldn't even see them. ;D They made a trip out there from Kansas for nothing.

Comment

thats all those dumb asses know how to do...they sued the father of the marine who got killed in Iraq, they protested the kids death and he sued they counter sued and now he has to pay them...chicken shits cowering behind a broken legal system...waiting for the chance to take money from anyone whit the balls to stand up for themselves...with all the bully laws being put into place you would think they would address this crap too
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Try living in the same town.NMCA Ron and I do.Its definiteily an eyesore and not what our town is about.The entire family are lawyers and they push the limit on free speech.Where their church is located resembles a compound aka cult.One entire city block and they are all there.Fred(dad) is in bad health and we can only hope he does away soon!!I did have a cop tell me if you want to "plink" him make it a head shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1
                    Try living in the same town.NMCA Ron and I do.Its definiteily an eyesore and not what our town is about.The entire family are lawyers and they push the limit on free speech.Where their church is located resembles a compound aka cult.One entire city block and they are all there.Fred(dad) is in bad health and we can only hope he does away soon!!I did have a cop tell me if you want to "plink" him make it a head shot.
                    Sorry to hear that (Sorry to hear that Phelps and family live there, not you guys). It's time to break out the heavy guns and harass them like they harass everybody else. They make too much noise, call the cops for disturbing the peace. They bump a sign into another car, call the cops for car damage. If they walk away, hit and run. If they leave crap out after putting their little protest signs together, report them for littering. i'm sure y'all could think of some more stuff, but you get the drift. ;)

Comment

leave it for the patriot guards , most of them are off duty cops

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                        actually it was - one of the founding fathers (would have to look it up to figure which one) said that a free society depends on people (like the Baptists) to encourage discussion thereby promoting freedom.

Thumper - their actions are a marketing ploy, nothing more, nothing less. what saddens me is that Christians are told to be a light to the world.... last time I checked, lights don't talk.
                        They in no way encourge discussion or promote freedom. Hate speech is not discussion. They are simpy pure evil cloaked with a cross. Simple proof that a chuch is more than a building and a symbol.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                          Originally posted by milner351
                          indeed - I don't beleive those who wrote the free speech amendment ever had in mind that giving the right to free speech meant they were giving the people the right to be azzzhats!
                          One persons A$$hole is another person's savior.

I truly believe that these people believe what they are doing is the right thing. It's not their fault as they have been raised like this for generations. Basically Brainwashing is a terrible thing, and sadly some of these Cults(churches) out there take advantage of the gullible and weak minded.

And our forefathers knew exactly what they wrote when it came to Freedom of Speech. They knew that everyone has an opinion and not everyone will agree, but they also knew to dismiss one persons way of thinking over another person's would only get them into the trouble that they were so desperately seeking to get away from.

Basically these people have mental problems way beyond looking for 15 minutes of fame, I would put my money on that they really do feel they are doing good. And you and I may not agree with them, but be happy that our country is free enough to allow this type of stuff, as when it's your turn to stand up and protest against something you feel strongly about, you'll be able to, because your right to freedom of speech will be there.

And in saying that, those guys are slime balls.
                          Hitler and Idi Amin felt they were doing the right thing. Thoughts count. Actions count more.

Comment

One interesting thing came out of this thread.

Write it down. Spidey and Ironhead, here's something we pretty much agree with. It doesn't happen often but it's worth mentioning.

Comment

what is a cult ?
                              is atheism [church mocking ] a cult ?
                              From Dictionary.com.

cult
                                 /kʌlt/ Show Spelled[kuhlt] Show IPA
                              ?noun
                              a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
                              an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
                              the object of such devotion.
                              a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
                              Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
                              a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
                              the members of such a religion or sect.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                                how is not beliving in god (atheism) church mocking

I am an atheist...I never mocked a church...and what the hell does atheism have to do with these douche bags...

just trying to understand your random thought...
                                That is because the Church is losing it's control.

I suggest you watch a video called ZeitGeist Religion. And then maybe you'll understand.........

Comment

Working...
                                X