Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westboro Baptist Church is attempting to strike again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westboro Baptist Church is attempting to strike again.

Yep, these stealers of air are trying to protest the death on these miners at Upper Big Branch...but thier first stop was in Charleston Capitol grounds. They showed up to an anti-protester welcoming committee! ;D They didn't stay around long. Probably the smartest move the made all day. Here's a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZK0IvE-Z8

Their next trip is to the mine itself. That's a really bad idea. They're about to come into a world that one can only imagine unless you've lived or been here, and they will not take kindly to them protesting their tragedy. Alot of people in this area (including myself) knew at least one of the deceased miners. They're literally looking to stick their finger in an open raw wound just so they can keep their 15 minutes of fame going. What's going to happen is this: They're going to go up there and try to protest and some of the locals are going to introduce then to some "Good Ol' Mountain Justice". If they don't know what that is, they'll figure it out pretty damn quick. Southern West Virginians are a friendly, family oriented, hard-working folk. When trouble comes, we band together and face it as one. If they're looking for trouble, they've come to the right place to find it...and they'll get it by the bucket-load. They need to remember that they ain't in Kansas anymore and this isn't Oz. If it were Oz, the Wizard would be wearing a hard hat, steel toed work boots, and covered in coal dust. He'd use said work boots to get their ass back to Kansas, and that would be quite painful. If they think that anti-protest was bad, they ain't seen shit yet! ;) ;D

If you're close by, bring a lawn chair and some popcorn. It will be an entertaining show.

Re: Westboro Baptist Church is attempting to strike again.

We'll be with you in spirit. Send them and their poison home.
    "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
      They're going to go up there and try to protest and some of the locals are going to introduce then to some "Good Ol' Mountain Justice".
      I really hope so. These people are a complete waste of space.

Comment

They think they are so righteous... Let that "Good Ol' Mountain Justice" rock & roll....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
        1966 Plymouth Fury III
        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

it's pretty obvious they lost their Bibles because the Bible is really clear that there is a special place in hell for people who make other people's suffering worse.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

hypocrits of the worst kind.

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Why would they protest a mining tradedy? I don't get it. ???

Comment

My brother is a Baptist minister who used to live in Topeka.
                One of his favorite Tshirts had a cartoon of a guy getting hit by lightning, and the words "God loves everyone, but He's not sure about Fred".
                Pretty much sums it up.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel
                  Why would they protest a mining tradedy? I don't get it. ???
                  These are the same dumbasses who protest military funerals. They say God hates America (another stry for anther time) and this is his way of showing how much he hates us. In particular they said that the mining trajedy happened as a result of e-mail messages allegedly sent from West Virginia threatening the Church and its publisher. The church's statement about the disater was: "So God reached down and smacked one of those mines, killing 25 (and likely four more are dead). Now you moan and wallow in self-pity, and pour over the details of the dead rebels' lives, pretending they're heroes."

As you can guess, this shit has gone over real well with all concerned. Any ass whoopin' they receive will be well justified in my book.

Comment

I'm all for free speech but these assholes have gone way beyond that.... Just cause you can say it don't mean your not going to get your ass beat for saying it..... :-[

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Its not about religion, or about miners or military members, its about the chance to sue someone and get money. Its also about their 15 minutes of fame, they got a taste of it so they ramped it up to get more. They are trying to be the biggest jerks they possibly can be because it is lucrative for them to be that way. Bashing gays and saying the hateful crap they spew probably isnt what they really feel. They are probably indifferent and just using it as an excuse.

We cant legislate a way to shut them up, and really if you think about it they are little more than annoying and disrespectful. The best course of action with them is to just get the main stream media to ignore them and not broadcast what they are doing or where they are. Take away the voice to millions and they will wither and die.

Its not like there is any other church in the USA that would want to align themselves with them, they are so far out in left field and removed from what religion is supposed to be about nobody wants them. Besides its an act, just a ploy to get your temper to flare.

They went after veterans for a while because they figured we would come out and attack them. The thing is most of us have more sense and restraint than to throw our lives away on shit like them. Most military people I know are calculating rather than emotional, and these morons are preying on emotions so it was pretty futile. However I do think it could be achieved if just a couple guys decided to end it, but really that isnt the right way to do things. We dont kill people because they are stupid or say things that piss us off, now if they present a good reason, well it would be really easy.

Comment

We here in Kansas don't care for Fred and his merry band of idiots, either. Maybe we could give this group a one-way ticket to Antarctica or something...

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

indeed - I don't beleive those who wrote the free speech amendment ever had in mind that giving the right to free speech meant they were giving the people the right to be azzzhats!
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

actually it was - one of the founding fathers (would have to look it up to figure which one) said that a free society depends on people (like the Baptists) to encourage discussion thereby promoting freedom.

Thumper - their actions are a marketing ploy, nothing more, nothing less. what saddens me is that Christians are told to be a light to the world.... last time I checked, lights don't talk.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

They are not Christian. They clearly are in violation of the teachings of Christ, who loved and respected everyone except the die-hard religious zealots.
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X