Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Ball Express: Let's Move a Motor From Colorado to Virginia!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Ball Express: Let's Move a Motor From Colorado to Virginia!!!!

Sorry, I guess I didn't read close enough - I thought it was just the 6 cylinder alone.

550# estimated weight = $157.58
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Score one for the hillbilly! ;D He figured out how to send me an invoice. Bought and paid for for $270. ;)

Dan, I've PM'ed his address and number to you. Again, thanks for the offer and help!

Comment

Anytime brother.....
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I can pick it up in Nashville if you still redball it, I can make time to get it to Asheville or Bristol even Wytheville.

Comment

I can handle the western part of VA. Where in VA are you Shannon?
            Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbuds1
              I can handle the western part of VA. Where in VA are you Shannon?
              Virginia Beach. Driving out your way will be no problem at all. Where you located

Comment

Um,,,,,,,,,,,,^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Lynchburg
                Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbuds1
                  Um,,,,,,,,,,,,^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Lynchburg
                  Um,,,,,,,,,,,,^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm a dumbass! ;D Should've read your sig! ;)

Comment

See, here I am late to the game, I was willing to be able to pick the greaseball up and bring back to Omaah, because I do in fact need to go out to Fort Collins here but would not have been until late summer.

Phil that's still a heck of a bargin to ship a complete setup.
                    I've been using Forward Air for big shipments, but have not had to mess with anything big lately.

Andrew
                    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

That's our Forward Air tariff Andrew - I had to tack on $20.00 (included) to keep the number crunchers from vapor locking - we also have other options with LTL rates too.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

I will say, I never ran into much of any problems, EXCEPT at LAX when I had crated up a bunch of 1970 Torino stuff that I had to ship to LA, along with the rare hidden headlight setup...I double walled the crate, and used 3x the wood required.
                        Dumbasses with a forklift rammed the side of the crate. Only thing that saved a $600 grille setup: Steel steering column in a partioned section. Deflected the forks up just enough to miss the grille.
                        Andrew
                        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Yep - gotta crate for the worst scenario. They need to stack, tip, turn, whatever the cargo to maximize return on the space available in a trailer, and they do too.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Hey fellas where are we standing on this? There is a pretty good chance I am driving through in august after bonneville.

Steve
                            Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Sorry I haven't kept up with this myself. Still in the process of packing up the family to move to VA. Will update once I get all settled down there.

Comment

Working...
                              X