fuel pump melting time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fuel pump melting time

5. It doesn't melt fuel line. Or fuel pumps. They all seem to work just fine. It's the ignorant mechanics who don't have a clue that are replacing fuel lines and blaming ethanol. I think they only do it to make a buck.

Watch it...I may get offended.
    I've got 25+ years working on cars for a living,
    how long you been playing with corn juice?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_E85
      Let's talk some facts here:

1. Corn is one source of ethanol. In fact, right now there is so much corn produced, much of it goes to waste in storage on the farm. Right now there is something over 4.6 billion bushels just sitting in storage awaiting processing. There IS no shortage of corn. Last year,[farmers harvested 13.2 BILLION bushels http://www.nass.usda.gov/Newsroom/2010/01_12_2010.asp]-- a record crop, and they did it on LESS land than they used the year before. Those are the facts. There is NO food shortage. And corn costs within pennies a bushel as what it did two and three years ago. Flat. Not an increase.

2. Diaphram from pre-1970's worn out? Hah! It's about damn time you replace it then, don't you think?

3. It's not a 30% decrease in mileage in most cars. My flex-fuel Dodge gets 12% less MPG on E85. Right now, the price of E85 is 22% less than gasoline. Most flex-fuel cars are about that. Ee85 is the better deal, financially. Plus, the money goes to mid-west farmers, not middle-east Sheiks. That's important to me. We break our addiction to foreign oil by increasing our use of ethanol.

4. I bet you guys have never tried E85- or you wouldn't be so against it.

5. It doesn't melt fuel line. Or fuel pumps. They all seem to work just fine. It's the ignorant mechanics who don't have a clue that are replacing fuel lines and blaming ethanol. I think they only do it to make a buck.

Try it. You'll like it.

we have a new g.m. fuel pump on my monty.. (bought in 1990) that it took e10 a year and 2500 miles to kill.
      12% less mpg.. hows that gonna work..
      lets say the epa mandates it.. and they also have new cafe ratings coming.. the e85 can't make the cafe standards NOW.. wonce the fed grants are gone, e85 will not be cheaper.. and the person I quoted wants to support the american farmer and not the middle east.. thats great,, but, mr. the grants are coming from loanss(bonds) from CHINA.. wake up

Comment

Iron where are all the funds coming from to subsidize oil and also to protect it with our military? Is China paying my brother over in the desert? Last I checked oil got about 4 times more subsides that ethanol gets, once those subsidies are gone bro, you are going to be building a still just like I have..

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455
          Iron where are all the funds coming from to subsidize oil and also to protect it with our military? Is China paying my brother over in the desert? Last I checked oil got about 4 times more subsides that ethanol gets, once those subsidies are gone bro, you are going to be building a still just like I have..
          lets review,,
          yes every dollar the feds are spending today is from bonds from countries like china, the taxpayer payes the interest only..
          the epa wants more mpg.. the hyway safty wants safer cars.. the epa wants cleaner air..
          untill they pick one and run with it. it don't matter..
          we'd have 50mph mid sided cars if the hyway safety didn't force them to weigh in at 2 tons..
          there are better ways,, but no one wants to do it.. with computer vid. there is no reason for biz air travel.. at all.. lets start there..
          the epa wants to save the world, but can't control outside our boarders, so.. bye bye jobs, e85 isn't the end all. it's one in the many.. but, if the epa doesn't change it's way of thinking.. we will be at a stasnd still..
          cleaner air ethnol wins, mpg pump gas wins.. untill they pick a guide line.. it's all for not..
          I also think no privite biz should be getting fed hand outs.. none..

Comment

oil is sold at market price and taxed like no tomorrow
            ethanol is nothing but a bone thrown to the corn lobby and if iowa wasn't the first primary , ethanol would not even be an issue

Comment

Working...
            X