Some old pics of my 63 Fairlane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some old pics of my 63 Fairlane

Today while at my Mom's house a Dave (friend of mine whom was also a friend of my Fathers and the owner of my 63 Fairlane before Dad was) came over with some cool old pics of my Fairlane. There will be more in the future when I get some slides moved over to digital. He had the 63 From 65 to 82, and has many cool stories, here are some pics.

I think this was 1966 or so with the factory 260 4 speed

Dave said he and his friends would use poster paints to letter the car the night before goin to the track

After a mishap with some fireworks the car was repainted 62 Pontiac blue charcoal

The car did well in a few different stock classes with several 260's (4 of them or so) a 221 and a 289

This is after the wheel wells were cut out but the car has small tires on the back for being tow bared to the track (I have the tow bar and the car still has the brackets on it). It was towed to the track behind 69 428 CJ Cyclone.
    Around 77 the car broke a leaf spring pulling drive shaft and scatering a engine, Dave was very into scooters (a cool BMW chopper he still has) and the car sat until 82 when Dad got the car for Painting Daves truck.

Re: Some old pics of my 63 Fairlane

thats awsum having a old car like that and the documented history, very cool indeed
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Man you got me DROOLIN! That is freakin sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455
        Man you got me DROOLIN! That is freakin sweet!
        x2

Comment

those pics are bad ass man...i know in someones memory box there is a pic of my Fury...wish I had one or two.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I hope to do a full resto this winter and thinking about going to the original color (white). I also want to let Dave make a pass in the car this summer if I get it sorted out (part of the deal when Dad got the car was that Dave could make another pass in it).

Comment

Working...
            X