I'm a home built hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a home built hero

Saw the HotRod "Home built heros" issue in the grocery store and started leafing through it and wow, there was my car! I sent in some pics at the last minute and wasn't even sure if they got there in time but I guess they did. Mine was one of 6 Buicks featured. That was probably all the Buicks that entered but I'd like to think that I was picked over hundreds of entries. ;)

Oh, btw, its the green '66 Skylark convertible in the Buick section if you have the mag.

That's Neat Stuff!

Congrats! Gotta be proud of that! -- 8)

Plus, your car's value just shot up one meeeel-yunnnnn dollars!! ;)

Comment

Re: I'm a home built hero

Very cool.... most folks don't take the time to send them stuff... but if it falls at the right time on the correct set of eyes.... well there you go...

Congrats... it obviously was Nice...

Keith

Comment

KOOL!!
        What ya mean "If anyone has the mag" I got bout 20 of 'em
        There were over 4000 entries in the contest....
        I got the best AMC nod

Congrats

MM64 8) 8)

Comment

Mike and Randy,
          Congrats to both of you. Both really nice cars. That drop-top must be a blast to cruise around in. And I really dig what you did with the wagon, very unique and cool.

Comment

Congratulations Guys!!! 8) 8) 8)

Comment

Congrats! I would be tickled pink that is a huge honor.

Mike

Comment

Congrats! Sometimes all you got to do is send stuff in.

Comment

Congrats to both of you, had to dig out the issue and go through it again, both of you had different rides and both deserved to get in , I think that was the 100th time I went through that issue ;D

Comment

Way to go! Congrats.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Thanks everyone! Building this car in my carport sure wasn't easy but stuff like this helps make it worth while. I stripped it down to the body shell and frame and did everything myself except the machine work, rebuilding the trans and setting up the rear (thanks Tom).

Randy and John, I saw your cars right off. Randy, weren't you in the regular issue too? and John, the esteemed David Freiburger's pic. John, I like your comment about if someone else can do it you can learn to. That is so true.

I also saw the Poncho powered TR6 from this forum in there. Its cool to read about cars that you are familiar with. Congrats to all.

Comment

Originally posted by msc66
                        Thanks everyone! Building this car in my carport sure wasn't easy but stuff like this helps make it worth while. I stripped it down to the body shell and frame and did everything myself except the machine work, rebuilding the trans and setting up the rear (thanks Tom).

Randy and John, I saw your cars right off. Randy, weren't you in the regular issue too? and John, the esteemed David Freiburger's pic. John, I like your comment about if someone else can do it you can learn to. That is so true.

I also saw the Poncho powered TR6 from this forum in there. Its cool to read about cars that you are familiar with. Congrats to all.
                        Yes..... I was lucky enough to be one of the 25 picked for that issue.... And yes it does make all the work worth while ;)

MM64 8)

Comment

Congrats to the both of you ! I was just informed that my car was the ride of the month in both Hot Rod and Popular Hot Rodding's websites .Hey Johnny wheres my plates?
                          Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Very cool man, congrats!!!

Comment

Very nice, congrats!
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X