Found this at the yard this evening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this at the yard this evening.

After paying my dollar and walking into the yard, I spy this...

and upon closer inspection, this caught my attention...

After talking to the yard manager (more on him in a sec), he said I'd missed being able to buy it by about a week. Seems some guy bought it to restore and just flat lost interest. He sold it to the yard and they had it in their for sale section for quite some time and nobody was interested. Now it awaits its fate in the pull it section. If anyone is looking for parts, she's definitely worth a look. The 302 is complete from carb to oil pan....and just sitting in the engine bay, not connected to anything. Bumpers and other interior pieces are scattered throughout the cab, and trim parts, lights, and such are in the trunk....

If you Ford guys need anything, give me a shout.

Now on to the yard manager. What happened here falls under the "I go to the junkyard way too much" category. As I'm looking this thing over. He comes over and starts talking to me about the car. This dude knows me on sight when I make my visits. In the past, he'd point out to me the new cars he knew were on my "parts interest" radar. It surprised me because I hadn't been there in over two years! Can't beat service like that.

Re: Found this at the yard this evening.

No way!! You found the legendary Merlin Mobile.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

back in va . what yard is this?????????????????????/

Comment

i had a high school friend who owned a car like that. He bought it to use as a body shop project. The car suffered the same fate.... he built a 302 for it, but couldn't find a bellhousing for the 302 so the car sat and eventually was scrapped - he's been an anything-but-a-ford guy ever since ;D
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

What kinda jerk sends THAT to the junkyard?
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
            In the past, he'd point out to me the new cars he knew were on my "parts interest" radar. It surprised me because I hadn't been there in over two years! Can't beat service like that.
            Ha! sounds like our two local U-pull-it yard managers here. Whenever me and my buddy Mike go there (usually every Sunday), he'll say something like "Ten new cars with both temp sensors are in Aisle G, and there's a couple new EDIS wheels and modules in the Ford aisle, you might be interested in the latest Nissan's fuse block over there"

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Mr. Wizard, get me the hell outta here!
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by fabricatordave
                back in va . what yard is this?????????????????????/
                Pick n Pull in Va. Beach. Right off Virginia Beach Blvd on Sykes Ave. You in Virginia Dave?

Comment

Shannon's done stumbled onto the 'Klans' Ex-Grand Wizard's Staff Car :o ;D. And after seeing that,I gotta watch some Harry Potter ;D! ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                    Shannon's done stumbled onto the 'Klans' Ex-Grand Wizard's Staff Car :o ;D. And after seeing that,I gotta watch some Harry Potter ;D! ~J/W.
                    :D :D :D Thanks for making me spit my drink all over my monitor. That was funny! ;D

Comment

I may need a few iteams, does it have a wiper motor? I think the strut rods will fit my car also (mine have the steering stops cut off).

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson
                        I may need a few items, does it have a wiper motor? I think the strut rods will fit my car also (mine have the steering stops cut off).
                        I'm pretty sure the strut rods are there (won't be 100% certain with crawling underneath), but I'll have to look for the wiper motor. It's got parts everywhere in the interior and trunk. Jimmy Hoffa might be hiding around there. It really looks like someone took this thing apart to restore, got tired of it, and piled everything inside the car and hauled to the junkyard. The V-8 is just sitting in the engine bay not hooked up to a thing. I'll check and pull both if they have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson
                          I may need a few iteams, does it have a wiper motor? I think the strut rods will fit my car also (mine have the steering stops cut off).
                          Shawn,

The Ford Gods are smiling upon you. The Galaxie gave up both its wiper motor and strut rods.

One of the strut rods appears to be newer that the other...but the bushings on both appear to be wasted. Got it all for 33 bucks. Can't beat that at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X