Turk's New Bike !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turk's New Bike !!

Well, right after Maxton, I dropped Keith off in Charleston, SC where he was to pick up his brand spanking new bike.
    A Buell Ulysses from Lowcountry Harley-Davidson. I'm sure he was waiting on the doorstep to take delivery first thing this morning, and is at this moment, cruising the backroads of America, on his way home to Enterprise, Alabama.

He keeps calling it "My new Harley", but I don't let him get away with that ...
    ;)

Performance and Handling
    - Powerful Thunderstorm 1203 cc, 45-degree, V-twin engine
    - 84 ft./lbs. of torque and 103 hp deliver stump-pulling, arm-ripping, air-cooled power.
    - Wide-ratio 5-speed transmission
    - NEW right-side air scoop, fan shroud and header shield reduce rider heat improving comfort.
    - Enhanced air cooling: temperature-controlled fan continues to cool the oil even after key is pulled.
    - Optimally tuned suspension system for outstanding on-road performance.
    - 43 mm front forks
    - Triple-rate front fork springs achieve excellent front-end performance.
    - The rear shock features a progressive urethane bumper to spread compression forces and slow compression timing for a softer full compression feel.
    - Reduced suspension travel with easy preload, compression and damping adjustments.
    - Easy rear shock preload adjustment.
    - Ample ground clearance for ride comfort and control.
    - Excellent range and 4.4-gallon fuel capacity for long-distance travel.
    - NEW Pirelli Angel ST front and Angel STE rear tires.
    - Combined front and rear profile design for a neutral response in all riding conditions.
    - Functional pattern design for performance consistency throughout tire's life.
    - Improved compound formulation for sporty performance and maximum safety on dry and wet roads.

Styling
    - Tall windscreen provides excellent wind protection while touring.
    - Protective hand deflectors and frame pucks.
    - Two-position heated grips are standard equipment.

Nice bike Keith !!

Re: Turk's New Bike !!

Lucky to find one of those. Much sought after bike since Buell is out of business.

Comment

Dang that looks so good. I'm a girl so I'm actually attracted to the compartments on the back of the bike. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
        He keeps calling it "My new Harley", but I don't let him get away with that ...
        ;)
        I wouldn't either, this is way cooler than your average Harley :D

Comment

Be careful now Keith.

I wasn't careful enough when I had this one...

Jim T
          Supercar Collectibles
          www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Oh, he will be careful enough, Keith is a certified (ha, ha - an opening for lots of fun here) Motorcycle Safety Instructor for the State of Alabama. He takes safety very seriously.

Jim, I hope that picture in the showroom is not the only pic you have of your bike in one piece.
            Looks like an aftermarket frame with an evo motor. What clone company made that one ?

Comment

I'm not sure that Buell is girly enough for Keith. He has a reputation to uphold after the Bimmer. Ride safe, Dude.

Dan

Comment

it's far less gay then a BMW ;D
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I missed a perfect photo op this weekend at Maxton. The guy with the "unique" hairdo cruising arond standing on the pegs of a bike that had a milk crate for a rear luggage rack. He did a loud wheelie though the Jameson parking lot while we were doing the pseudo Pine Acres party thing on Saturday night.

Man, he looked and sounded great, and the bike did, too. I can understand luggage on the back of a bike. I pedaled one a very long way a whole lot of times. You gotta have luggage...
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                    - Powerful Thunderstorm 1203 cc, 45-degree, V-twin engine
                    - 84 ft./lbs. of torque and 103 hp deliver stump-pulling, arm-ripping, air-cooled power.
                    Powerful? Stump pulling?

:D

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Speakin' of GAY............where's the CHROME on that thing :o,Keith is a certified 'Chromosexual',He NEEDS His Chrome, I don't see ANY Chrome 'Shafts' anywhere on that 'Bike! You Guy'z SURE it's His ;D? ~J/W.

Comment

Okay I'm home ..... Mine is exactly like the blue one on top up there.... it's a brand new scooter... first one I ever bought from a dealer.... wild.... felt like I was in a freak show with the ringing bells and other Harleyesqe stuffis... But they gave me a t-shirt and cup holder for the trip home.... ( I took the black t-shirt in a small for my girl )...

Scott.... it's pretty good at stump pulling... lays down HARD after 7k though.... ( the 550's rev to 11k by comparison )...

wheelies at will in the first couple gears and carries the wheel through turns vary precariously.... ( read Freaking Scary like 14 mo fo's eatin the sandwhich thingy ).... Wicked handling for a dual sport... seriously wicked... and Just heavy enough to be happy around semi's... ( REALLY REALLY Good in the winds )....

Generally it's about 75% better then I expected it to be.... Just a Very competent bike...

K

Comment

Geez, even new bikes beep at you. Does it have a sensor to tell whether you got a helmet on? Then beep at you until you put on?
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                            I'm not sure that Buell is girly enough for Keith. He has a reputation to uphold after the Bimmer. Ride safe, Dude.

Dan

Don't worry Dan, there's never been a manly V-Twin made from the factory. Keith will be fine
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                              it's far less gay then a BMW ;D
                              chasing 405 degrees of no crank power at all is so much "less gay" than a bimmer... :

thunder is a good adjaective to add to a harl- I mean buell. :o
                              I did read they did the most with v-twin, congrats on new ride.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X