X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holmes on Homes

Anyone else watch this show?
    I think it rules.

The guy is a cross between Bob Vila and Lou Farrigno and he comes into people's houses that have been jacked up by crappy contractors to fix the work. The junk he finds is always scary but they get the people crazy results in the end.

It's on HGTV. I have episodes stacked up on the DVR.

An automotive version of this show would be brilliant with the right guy.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Holmes on Homes

My wife and I quit watching HGTV after selling our house a year ago. We had a few Moe, Larry and Curly contractors do work for us and it's a nightmare! A car version would be cool.
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

that would be cool.. the automotive version...
      altho alot of bubbles would get burst with a real no bullsh*tter, about real facts of the real cars..owners crying like children, I cna see it now...

"uhhm.. lady, all inline fours suck ok, just give the car to the junk yard."
      ;D

funny enough, I just got harassed by some kid about the ea82 boxer engine.. no clue what so ever. I suppose that is 20 year olds and ken blocks wrx cloned to be cool... :

the housework, anybody can step up as contractor, even drug addicts wanting a quick job for a quick fix.. it is a modern evil.. My brother is in 20 years now, a real worker. the left handed wonder works on mansions in southern maine coast.. 7 mil for a house? I bet he does something amazing with integrity...would have to..
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

We both love the show.... it lacks content like a Mo Fo.... but what's there is GOOD... the Hate for anyone elses work SUCKS.... but it's how he Pump's himself up...

Bottom line there's always lessons in it and we enjoy the styles and techniques...

Tonya is also a Yard Crasher Fan extraordinaire

Comment

Hilarious you should day that Turk. I saw the first episode and thought, "Turk would be into this."

With all the junk you do, you must see some of the same Hackenstein wreckage he sees.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Great show,another Canadian institution to go with Corner Gas and Red Green ;D

Love when gets so disgusted at someones shoddy workmanship.

Comment

Yeah, I've been watching it recently too. Good show. Frightening some of the stuff he finds. I agree to an automotive version would be great idea. Hey didn't we cover that with the General Lee?
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

He has a magazine out in Canada now. The show is getting old, I didn't even think they would be making new episodes.

Comment

Yeah we watch all the time........I can just imagine
                  if he fixed cars

;D

Unacceptable!
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

What are you guys a bunch of sallies.....watching home and garden TV.......pffft!

LOL!!!
                    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

ME really loves the show and has sort of gotten me addicted. One of the things I like is when he says "Well, the guy was trying but we've had better techniques for several years now". In other words, he doesn't trash everybody, just the ones who have it coming - and many do.

As I watch I think back on projects from my past and wonder how much stuff I screwed up because I didn't know any better. I hope it wasn't TOO much. To all who were stuck with any mistakes of mine - sorry.

Dan

Comment

Cool show. Hard to believe how bad some contractors can be and how stupid some of these home owners are.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad Blue
                          Great show,another Canadian institution to go with Corner Gas and Red Green ;D

Love when gets so disgusted at someones shoddy workmanship.
                          Great show, been watching over a year now...... I love the Red Green show but my favorite is Red Dwarf....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                          1966 Plymouth Fury III
                          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

I catch the show occasionally - I always like to see things transform on shows like that - I almost always pick up on a new idea, technique, or product.

I like his no BS approach - and that he really tries to deliver for the customer.

It is scary what some "professionals" try to pass off as work.

As with any show on TV - I could live without some of the drama.

An automotive version would be cool - certainly finding hackjobs to repair would be easy - the question is - would it be every day car stuff - or cool old stuff.... it would be hard to keep one vehicle from turning into several episodes.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

We had a thread about this not long ago. Yep, we watch - not many new episodes lately though. There's still some we haven't seen. I'm sure he'd take a look at the work I've done around here and say "It's all gotta come out." ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X