Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iceland vulcano ashes,stops air traffic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iceland vulcano ashes,stops air traffic.

Heard on the news now,that 50% of the air traffic between Europe and US are being closed down.

25% of the air traffic in Europe,are being closed down.

ALL air traffic in Norway,are closed down.

Re: Iceland vulcano ashes,stops air traffic.

I saw this on the news tonight. That is one HUGE plume of ash! Geologists and seismologists are saying that this volcano is BUILDING and will continue to pump this ash, along with small rocks, sand and fine pieces of glass (molten sand) into the sky. This debris can wreak havoc on aircraft engines, thus all air traffic in and around this plume of abrasive badness has been grounded indefinitely. This could most definitely suck for anyone who is stuck in a place that is not home. Looks like the trains will be crammed in Europe.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Trains are full.Renting a car is more expensive today,than yesterday.

Comment

it is a large event. Just speaking with my dad, says the rig is thumping around again no definition to be found...I just ordered a wheel hub for a mystery wobble with no definition as well... probably did not have to..

a hole in the earth has a radius it affects.. it is to ignore westerlies, if not to be bothered by the plume. the farther north something happens, the smaller "the gear" is to circumvent the planet... :

I posted some photos in "photo of the day"

here is a link to more...

amazing stuff.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Hey maybe it will dump enough Sulfur Dioxide into the atmosphere to cool the planet some. I've read that there was one Volcano that erupted that the year after was call the year of no summer.

Comment

Well,at least the Volcano isin't bankrupt :o ;D! ~J/W.

Comment

I don't suppose anyone thought of flying around the damn smoke.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
                Heard on the news now,that 50% of the air traffic between Europe and US are being closed down.

25% of the air traffic in Europe,are being closed down.

ALL air traffic in Norway,are closed down.
                I'm flying to Berlin on the 3rd, hope that route stays open :-\
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                  was call the year of no summer.
                  That was this past summer, at least around here. Record rainfall, no real heat waves, just one long Spring going right into Fall. I don't think it was caused by a volcano though.

Comment

Hey maybe it will dump enough Sulfur Dioxide into the atmosphere to cool the planet some. I've read that there was one Volcano that erupted that the year after was call the year of no summer.
                    It was 1816. There was river ice in PA in July. Many people starved that year.

That year may have had a part in ultimately bringing us here together at BangShift:
                    The lack of oats to feed horses may have inspired the German inventor Karl Drais to research new ways of horseless transportation, which led to the invention of the Draisine or velocipede. This was the ancestor of the modern bicycle and a step towards mechanized personal transport.

While this event was disastrous to many people, there is good in everything including this event.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
                      It was 1816. There was river ice in PA in July. Many people starved that year.

That year may have had a part in ultimately bringing us here together at BangShift:
                      The lack of oats to feed horses may have inspired the German inventor Karl Drais to research new ways of horseless transportation, which led to the invention of the Draisine or velocipede. This was the ancestor of the modern bicycle and a step towards mechanized personal transport.

While this event was disastrous to many people, there is good in everything including this event.
                      I use that example as to why we don't want Global Cooling (out of the options of Warming and Cooling, more people can survive the warmth)

Comment

I'm with the rock sniffer!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Dang, I just got an E-mail from the people I'm visiting that the flights in and out of Berlin have been held up. Hope they open by the 3rd :-X

I wonder what Europe would do if the volcano decides it's going to Erupt for 100 years straight or something like that......

Comment

they'll be building more trains and ships I suspect.

Rumor has it the last big boom in the philipines in '91 caused an average temperature decrease the following year of 0.5C.....
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Yeah Volcano's have very short term climate effects because ash and sulphur dioxide are very effectively removed from the atmosphere with precipitation. Unlike CO2 and Methane (and believe it or not Water!).

Comment

Working...
                              X