Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iceland vulcano ashes,stops air traffic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iceland vulcano ashes,stops air traffic.

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
    Dang, I just got an E-mail from the people I'm visiting that the flights in and out of Berlin have been held up. Hope they open by the 3rd :-X

I wonder what Europe would do if the volcano decides it's going to Erupt for 100 years straight or something like that......
    Last I read, air traffic will be suspended for 24 hours, so there's a good chance you'll make it.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
      Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
      Dang, I just got an E-mail from the people I'm visiting that the flights in and out of Berlin have been held up. Hope they open by the 3rd :-X

I wonder what Europe would do if the volcano decides it's going to Erupt for 100 years straight or something like that......
      Last I read, air traffic will be suspended for 24 hours, so there's a good chance you'll make it.
      Nature doesn't cater to the plans and desires of man it does what it wants to ;)
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

the power of that volcano is amazing.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

If I remember right, when the news broke a week or two ago, it was erupting 6 tons of liquid rock a second :o

(Which is coincidently about the rate our BIG shovel moves dirt when filling a truck)

Comment

Listening to the news over here,there shouldnt be a problem with air traffic in some weeks....BUT,they wont say for sure.Another vulcano are supposedly lurking..they are talking YEARS if that blows.

Comment

6 tons per second?

Good gravy!! That's 518,400 tons in a 24 hour period! Whoa.....

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY
                6 tons per second?

Good gravy!! That's 518,400 tons in a 24 hour period! Whoa.....

We move 240,000 a day and we are a medium to small mine ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
                  Listening to the news over here,there shouldnt be a problem with air traffic in some weeks....BUT,they wont say for sure.Another vulcano are supposedly lurking..they are talking YEARS if that blows.

However, Bill Burton, associate director of the U.S. Geological Survey's volcano hazards program, warned in The New York Times that the current eruption bore striking similarities to the last explosion in 1821, which continued for two years. "We seem to be reprising that episode again," he said. "So if the other eruption lasted for two years, this one might, as well."

Get breaking news and the latest headlines on business, entertainment, politics, world news, tech, sports, videos and much more from AOL

Comment

A vid from Iceland.Couldnt help noticing it in all this mess..an early Bronco in the start of the vid :P..

Comment

a recent vid. I was hoping to see some "vimeo like" timelapses...

Amazing Time laps of the Eyjafjallajökull shot on May 1st and 2nd of 2010 by Sean Stiegemeier, he makes comercials, music clips, shortfilms, photo's , etc.vi...

It is still spewing as of this post.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X