Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loosing both front tires at 190mph..in a F1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosing both front tires at 190mph..in a F1.

Look what happened in Shanghai,when Sebastian Buemi tried to brake down from 190 mph.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Re: Loosing both front tires at 190mph..in a F1.

Can you say total brake system failure?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

That's the weirdest thing I've seen this week. Mechanically, what could cause that? I watched it ten times. I have no clue why/how that could happen. I mean....nope I don't have a clue, both wheels at the same instant that way.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
        That's the weirdest thing I've seen this week. Mechanically, what could cause that? I watched it ten times. I have no clue why/how that could happen. I mean....nope I don't have a clue, both wheels at the same instant that way.
        i think both of the spindles(if thats what theyre called on these???) broke

Comment

Not being an engineer or anything, I'd guess if he was braking and one spindle/hub snapped off the other would be soon to follow because of the additional force being placed on it.

Like Antron Brown's wheel stud failure at Pheonix, once one broke, the rest were soon to follow because the force on them kept getting multiplied as the other studs broke.

My completely uneducated guess.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Thank God for Carbon Fiber........

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
            1966 Plymouth Fury III
            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Cheap azz furrin' cars.

Comment

the odds are great.. of course something steel is behind it all.

I did this just once ... two break lines simultaneous break.. on a proportion valve type system.. and no structure could move to justify it.. great odds.

go for precision, the errors get just as precise.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'd say he said something about his wheel mans ancestry being boarder collie on his moms side......'noff said :D

Comment

There is surprisingly very little metal in those cars these days. Mainly engine and bearings. Even the wheels, uprights and suspension arms are carbon fiber.

Thats carbon fibre to our foreign guests.
                    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Think it might be not enough antidive in the suspension causing it hit the bumpstops hard and crack the arms which shatter under the braking torque?
                      Central TEXAS Sleeper
                      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

But those F1's are engineered and designed and tested and proven to death. But this time...uh oh, the front wheels broke off. That's weird. Like, okay we need better front wheels. That's weird. Maybe a failed experiement?

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                          But those F1's are engineered and designed and tested and proven to death. But this time...uh oh, the front wheels broke off. That's weird. Like, okay we need better front wheels. That's weird. Maybe a failed experiement?
                          maybe they were testing better brakes?

i really have no clue...just thinking out loud here :D

Comment

I used to work with a guy who took his van in to get a new set of tires. When he told this story - you'd have to hear him tell it.

Everything he said was YO. YO Man, you ain't gonna belive this, etc. Everything was YO.

So he left the tire store and was going down the street when he saw a tire/wheel pass him. He said, "YO that looks like MY wheel!"

Yep, it sure was HIS wheel.

Comment

Y'all told it pretty good yerself Lil Feller. ;D

boy I hope that guy was testing, if he was racing how pissed you think he was? :o :o

Comment

Working...
                              X