Spring doing's....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring doing's....

We don't even really have winter here in California (only 2 seasons, Spring and Summer) but I have been working late and a lot of weekends so I have not had time to get much done. The 68 Sport Fury convertible needs some electrical work that is beyond my ability and I need to fix an oil leak too (rear main seal?), but I haven't been able to afford it. I am waiting on my bonus check and if it is as good as I think it will be then maybe I will be able to get it taken care of. I would like to have it ready to drive down to Spring Fling in LA in early May, but at the rate I am going that won't happen.

Comment

Keith, get off my back. I'm working as fast as I can!Between work and home I barely have any time! I've only got two hands!!!

But seriously, The Buick motor is starting to come together and we're starting on a carbon fiber hood for a Montego. Hope to have them both done in the next month or so.

Have to make room for the summer projects.
      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Jag project is coming along-seem to have running side of equation under control,wiring is done except for mating Jag>Cobra dash electronics together!Rims are here,order tires tomorrow(have narrowed down sizing).A little ECM tuning,finshi pipes and "modify hood for clearance and good for some drive time to shake out bugs!! ;D

Comment

Got the Interior stripped out of the Kia,
          Installed a Kirkey Seat,
          new Autometer Guages,
          Port Matched the Gaskets,
          almost finished the relocation of the Battery,
          Made Mirror Blank Off Plates.
          Cleaned the Storage area, and messed it up again.
          Just need to get the Damn Rollcage Installed.
          Bought a V8 Block for the Kia

Other than that not much here!

Comment

V8 block for Kia?!Fill me in/what did I miss! :o

Comment

Winter here in VT starts at the end of October and ends mid to late April. We do have snow storms in late April though. I am especially proud of a lift ticket from snowboarding at Killington last year that has a May date on it. I put 49 miles on a snowmobile last night.

Anyways, I stripped my 63 Wagon, rebuilt my engine, swapped in a AOD, rebuilt the rear, swapped to front disc brakes, rebuilt the suspension front and rear, did quite a bit of bodywork, went to Syracuse to pick a door and two fenders, now I am waiting for a door to show up from CA. Also bought a tailgate from CA, and had the chrome work finished up. Trying to get the car finished in time to work out the bugs, make a few passes at the track, and drive it to the Syracuse Nationals. I need to finish a few panels, paint, assembly, refinish the fiberglass woodgrain moldings and a hundred other little things and I'm good. I feel I have plenty of time to get it done.

Comment

Spring? Winter? I'm confused. Friday/Saturday/Sunday - very nice, 70s and 80s. Took Friday off for a thrash to put the Falcon back together. Worked Thursday night till 4am, up at 8 Friday, work till 2am, up at 8 Saturday. Got the car running about 12, finished assembly about 1, made the track Test-n-tune by 2pm. Made three passes - 7.351, 7.350 and then a 7.37 (1/8 mile track) with 3.5 lbs of fuel pressure. Seems my 11 year old Mallory 140 decided it was time to retire from racing. Beautiful day at the track. Spring? Uh, it was 38F this AM and snowed a bit just a minute ago. 28F tonight. Gaaak.

Car did OK - went through the tranny, pinned a big crack in the water jacket (no leak so far) and generally made a mess of the front end wiring over the winter. Wiped a 7.35 off the window when I put it in the garage back in October, so the 351C must be in good spirits. Mod pays $500 to win Saturday - the new pump was $260, so papa needs a win LOL.

The Mustang ran fine - she got to make the very first 60's and 330' on a brand new (resurfaced) track. Her 60's where right where they should be (1.72) and on Saturday the car went 7.84 twice and a 7.87. That's because I just cleaned the Mustang and didn't work on it. If mama's running good, we are all happy.

Oh, and on top of all this we have this major home reno going on in the back half of the house. Started in December with a paint brush and ended up with a bathroom rip out, floor removal, house leveling, etc. Don't even ask about the kitchen. In February, my daughter and family sold their house and will build new. Oops, it won;t be ready for 3 months - hey, they are moving in 3/8. Just set the pot in the bathroom yesterday, put in the floor and sink too - still painting. Still have to fix the floor in the bedroom and cut a new doorway into the kitchen - Carpet is being delivered for the bedroom Wednesday.

Damn I'd like to sit down with a cup of coffee for just a minute!

Comment

Yeah right, you are not in MICHIGAN, it rained today, and melted all the snow, teased us with weather in the 40's whooooo hooooo, I almost put on my bathing suit and was gona lay in the SUN, then we get the weather report, tomorrow, 5 to 9 inches of SNOW.......I hate Michigan.......

Comment

Haven't seen my car in almost six months. But I'll be home next week. I have a guy from craigslist holding a 250 straight six for me that I plan to rebuild for my Chevelle. Plus some little stuff like detailing the trunk, polishing/painting the grill, replacing/rechroming the front bumper...
                    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Haven't done a bloody thing to either car, except go out and look at them once. It's been too freakin' cold to work out in the shop this winter, unless I want to rack up a huge bill running the oil furnace in there.

So about all I've accomplished is collecting some parts for the 302 buildup on the old crapcan, with more to come.

cheers
                      Ed N.
                      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

There is actually green grass here. Temps in the high-70s. Another week, and I'll be up for the 11-mo summer. ;D
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Got the OEM cam about 3/4 out of the six, and then got drawn into my task as the bookkeeper for ME's music studio. Tax time! I truly don't mind paying taxes, but I wish the process was easier - I'm trying to set it up for next year so it will be simpler. I just have to organize the stuff - the CPA has to actually make the taxes work out.

So anyway - the lifters were welded in the bores with engine varnish. I have 10 of the 12 out by using a ground-down set of Vise-Grips. I rented a lifter puller, but it won't work on a 6. Damper is off, distributor is out, fuel pump too. Two more lifters and pull the front cover, and I'm there.

The cam gear is already transferred to the Delta cam, so here's hoping. Anyone have the spec for the retainer plate to the cam gear? I have 0.023", but I'm not sure what's right. I heated the gear to get it on, but I think I can smack it back a bit if need be.

Also have the head almost ready to pull. The new head is still at the shop in SC, but he says he expects to have it by the end of the week. The Post Office seems to have lost my valve springs (I mailed a set I had to him), but I gave him the go-ahead to order up a new set if they don't show.

Now, all I have to do is assemble the whole deal and get it tuned before April 5th. If it isn't ready, then it won't be ready, but I sure hope to make the meet.

Dan

Comment

Looking to rear Wheel drive my Kia. Stuffing a 350 small block into the front hole. Will run an Automatic until I get the Clutch bracketry all set up and sorted out. Engine Plates and tranny mounts, And looking at recessing the Firewall a bit to. It actually has a lot of room up front to fit. I spent 4 hours measuring the Engine compartment, and it actually has more room than my old 67 nova did. and the strut towers are wider to. I have to move the Rack and Pinion to a front rack system because the original one is on the firewall. Love those Vega Steering boxes. Most of this will start happening later on this Summer.

Comment

Working...
                            X