Motorcycle Safety Foundation course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Safety Foundation course

I'm teaching a Beginners course in motorcycle riding this semi fine morning.... myself and my partner have 11 students and a passel of Kawasaki 125's that look a lot like motorcycles ( Only smaller )...

Should be a Very fine time... genuinely.... I love teaching this course.... ( okay do I have myself convinced yet? )

Anyway.... lets all enjoy the day... and if you get the opportunity .... Take one of these courses...they are really fun...

Keith

Re: Motorcycle Safety Foundation course

Where are you doing this? My wife wants to take a similar course.

Comment

I wish we were closer Keith, the wife wants to take a course and get a smaller dualsport so we can ride together. Have fun and enjoy the day brother.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I'd recommend taking one. I never did, I learned the hard way and fortunately me and the bike came out unscathed. 600cc Ninja, in Southern California...Had never even ridden a dirt bike or ATV before that....Haven't gone down or hit anything yet though with roughly 32,000 motorcycle miles under my belt. Enjoy Keith!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I wish I lived closer. I rode a LOT as a young dude but somehow I don't feel confident any more - not sure why. A good course would help me decide if I should just give it up (like I've been doing) or maybe get a smaller bike to putt around on.

Have fun - I know you'll do a great job.

Dan

Comment

Riding a bike, is well, like riding a bike. You can do it or you can't.

For me it was as simple as jumping on and hitting the throttle.

But then I can drive/ride anything. ;)

Comment

You should take the course if you truly want to ride a scooter .... regardless of your skill level.... It's simply that good... and today was Magical....

one Woman decided it was better to learn at a slower pace... and we now have 10 fairly competent folks ...

K

Comment

They're all over around here. On the weekends,some of the local Mall & School Parking Lots are filled with folks. They put 'em thru their paces,riding around Cones,staying in the Lines,ect. LOTS of folks seem to get into it from what we've seen. ~J/W.

Comment

Yes Keith I believe the class is very informative.

As for my tips of the day, remember everyone is an idiot when your riding a bike and two don't be an idiot. Those two rules have kept me safe for the last 20 years of riding.

Sad thing is my days of riding are coming to a close, I don't ride as much as I used to, so it's time for the Magna to find a new home and someone that will give her more attention than I do. Hell it's a '95 and has about 4500 miles on it, almost brand new. ;)

Comment

most sport bikers can't ride to save their lives
                    and get in my way during their antics

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                      They're all over around here. On the weekends,some of the local Mall & School Parking Lots are filled with folks. They put 'em thru their paces,riding around Cones,staying in the Lines,ect. LOTS of folks seem to get into it from what we've seen. ~J/W.
                      Ya I've seen that going on around here to.

I got to say though, after riding a dirt bike for so many years, driving on the street is, well do I say it, boring.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                        Yes Keith I believe the class is very informative.

As for my tips of the day, remember everyone is an idiot when your riding a bike and two don't be an idiot. Those two rules have kept me safe for the last 20 years of riding.

Sad thing is my days of riding are coming to a close, I don't ride as much as I used to, so it's time for the Magna to find a new home and someone that will give her more attention than I do. Hell it's a '95 and has about 4500 miles on it, almost brand new. ;)
                        What a crime. My 2007 ZZR600 has over 9500 miles on it.

I'm not sure which is worse, high mileage or no mileage.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I've taken the course several times, and have actually taught it too. Pretty fun. A buddy of mine challenged me to do the whole course and cones on his dang Harley Fatboy.... quite a task, but it ended up being a blast.

A good friend was paralyzed a couple years ago... bad accident--car vs. Honda RC51, his first bike. Now I'm on the fence about getting another one. I miss it though.

Comment

I took it when I wanted to get my motorcycle endorsement here in Washington state. Upon successful completion of the two day course they give you a card to take to the license department and the card waves the required riding test.

I had ridden off and on for many years and learned a LOT!

I am a much safer rider because of that course. Don't want to scratch my restored ironhead Sportster.

Jim

Comment

Yep. Best to learn the right way and safe way than the hard way.
                              And there is always good people willing to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X