diesel fuel ROCKS
    Lacquer thinner is better.

Comment

Re: THe best degreaser ever is...

Originally posted by bnjny
      Originally posted by Shannon
      Originally posted by milner351
      Is it citrus based?
      Don't know. Alll the website says is that it has a "unique blend of proprietary ingredients" and that it has no acid, ammonia, bleach, or phosphorous. I have seen it in Orange and Lavender scent though.
      Did not do a search... I won't use a product unless I can see at least an MSD sheet...

Wish I could post a PDF file on here. It took me all of three minutes to find an MSDS sheet on this stuff...

Comment

"First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

The OP about AWESOME..is spot on, I get it at the dollar store and it is an amazing driveway cleaner....among other things...can not beat the price either...
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

If the info in the PDF of the MSD is correct. Then I would not use this product.

Just my opinion. I'm sure it works well. Except I would not use it...

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny
              If the info in the PDF of the MSD is correct. Then I would not use this product.

Just my opinion. I'm sure it works well. Except I would not use it...

why,, do tell the products you WOULD USE.. as the msd is only as good as the thinned use,
              we buy in bulk and then you thin,, if you don't follow the mix.. then the msd means zero..
              guess you'll never paint a car or use a spray bomb either..

Comment

that MSDS aint crap...no worse than most other off the shelf cleaners...hell..I use crap on jet engines on a daily basis thay are 10 times worse than this crap...
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Hmm. I have been using Castrol's purple power cleaner. Stuff tends to tingle a bit when not reduced.
                  Cleans pretty good. I need to get a gallon anyways.

Not heard of this stuff.

Then again, I used to sit and clean my hands with lacquer from 55 gallon barrels.
                  It's taken 10+ years for my skin to heal...but even looking now, my skin still looks like hell.
                  Andrew
                  1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                  2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                    that MSDS aint crap...no worse than most other off the shelf cleaners...hell..I use crap on jet engines on a daily basis thay are 10 times worse than this crap...
                    Wondering when we'd start talking chemical hygine vs ignition stuff.....
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by FoFittyFoSS
                      Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                      diesel fuel ROCKS
                      Lacquer thinner is better.
                      Laquer thinner is the miracle chemical. It will heal your wounds... is there anything it can't do?

;D
                      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Don't drink it. Even strained thru a loaf of bread. Main ingredient is Methanol.

Dan

Comment

All of this hoopla about Awesome made me go get some yesterday, thinking completely about our ceramic stovetop. It's really neat compared to conventional coil-eye electrics, but it's maybe even harder to clean. No matter what you use, you're just pushing the streaks to somewhere else.

The Awesome cleaned the streaks up spotless. But it didn't affect the burned-on spots (that's what I hoped to miraculously see go away). Word has it if you are careful and courageous enough, you can scrape those burned on spots off with a razor blade. Not me. They'll stay there. They're not hurting a thing.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Dan - this stuff maybe cheap enough to make our 55 gallon dip tank for engines!!!!

Peewee - what you need for that stove top is: Weiman cook top cleaner it's in a white bottle with a gold top and a black background to the label - I've been using it on our white ceramic top for years - works just great - but you DO need to use a blade to scrape off the nasties first - it won't scratch! I do it all the time.

home economics lesson over.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

hemp-o-line

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                                Dan - this stuff maybe cheap enough to make our 55 gallon dip tank for engines!!!!

Peewee - what you need for that stove top is: Weiman cook top cleaner it's in a white bottle with a gold top and a black background to the label - I've been using it on our white ceramic top for years - works just great - but you DO need to use a blade to scrape off the nasties first - it won't scratch! I do it all the time.

home economics lesson over.
                                easy off makes one that works wonders..

Comment

Working...
                                X