Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report/Pictures: Spring Fling 2010 Mopar Event: Track Day, Driving cruises, Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report/Pictures: Spring Fling 2010 Mopar Event: Track Day, Driving cruises, Show

676 show cars over the weekend
    291 swappers
    51 manufactures midway
    Over 5000 free admission spectators

Over 50 cars at the Spring Fling Speed Festival (16 older Mopars, 15 newer Mopars)
    Over 25 car in the Malibu Cruise
    Over 15 cars in the Spring Fling Coastal Cruise
    Over 200 cars at the California Car Cover Saturday Cruise In
    Over 100 cars at the Motion Picture Car Warehouse Friday night meet and greet.

-Vendors supplying the Pro Touring Mopar owners: Hotchkis Suspensions, B & M, Hurst, TTI Headers, and Dependable Dodge, Hellwig Product, Hot Rod City, Stack Performance, Gear Vendor, Mr Norms, Redline Gaugeworks, Just Dashes,

-New Muscle: over 40 new LC-body Challengers on Sunday and over 20 LX bodied cars. SMS Supercars, Stack Performance, Hotchkis Suspensions, B & M, Hurst, TTI Headers, and Dependable Dodge were there supporting the Modern Mopar Muscle owners.

The weather and grounds were fantastic. One of the biggest swap and show turnouts in years. People hauled off tons of parts for their cars. Jay Leno "swooshed in" driving his 63 Turbine car. Many "rare finds" were scored in swap meet, including a couple of original Max Wedge cars.

Spring Fling Speed Festival IV at Willow Springs

Friday's Malibu Cruise from Woodley Park to Malibu for lunch.

The Show:

Premire Sponsor Dependable Dodge. and the owner of Dependable Dodge's Pro Touring 71 Challenger Conv and 70 AAR Pro Turning bare chassis being built by Bent Fabrication.

California Car Cover Cruise In

Steve Wall
    CPW club president

Re: Report/Pictures: Spring Fling 2010 Mopar Event: Track Day, Driving cruises, Show

I didn't see David Frieburger at the show/swap. Was sort of surprised.

Hope he made it, the swap was K I L L E R !!

I got: 68 GTS stainless wheel lip very nice one small ding in complete set of four, GTS door panel emblems, 1 Dart rocker spear, E-brock RPM intake, 1.18" T-bars, 68 Cuda H/L bucket that I can repair myself, near perfect 68 Dart H/L bezel, 68 Dart hood crome near perfect, Cal Custom V/covers modded for breathers, 1 NOS A-body door handle, 1 NOS C-body door handle, 69 340 block and caps STD bore, new black console carpet, core door and hood hinges ..
    All for just under $700 from a lot of different swappers. Did I pay gold prices for all of that???

The E-brock RPM intake was $80. Near perfect 68 Dart H/L bezel and 68 Dart complete 3pc hood chrome near perfect were $20 each...

Comment

Re: Report/Pictures: Spring Fling 2010 Mopar Event: Track Day, Driving cruises, Show

AAR Cuda being built by Bent Fabrication for the owner of Dependable Dodge.

Comment

Thanks for the post Steve - good times it looked like.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
        X