The Best Chicken Store ever is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Chicken Store ever is....

Dodge's Chicken and Gas, right here in good ol' Hampton Roads. Anybody whose ever lived or been stationed here knows (or should know) Dodge's Chicken. No matter what greasy food goodness you want, they have it. Chicken (breast, thigh, and leg), biscuits, pizza sticks, spicey wings, chicken strips, turkey legs, potato wedges, eggrolls, corn dogs, apple pie, and the list goes on. It's always fresh...even at 2 in the morning. This stuff is like deep-fried crack. You can't seem to get enough. There are plenty of Dodge's Chicken Gas stations throughout the south, but I've only been to the two in Norfolk and Newport News. Gas, under the hood fluids, drinks (alcoholic and soft), and really good food. Perfect for the all-night wrench-fest. I'd say this place is BangShift approved! ;D

Anybody else have a Dodge's Chicken in thier neck of the woods?

Re: The Best Chicken Store ever is....

There's one here in Wilmington. I went in there once and saw their health score. I then walked out. (Here in NC every place that serves food has to get inspected regularly and then post their score from the inspector. 100 is perfect, +2 points if the staff has had health training with the County. ME and I don't eat at any place less than 93. It's a really useful system.) IIRC, their score was about 86 or so.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
      There's one here in Wilmington. I went in there once and saw their health score. I then walked out. (Here in NC every place that serves food has to get inspected regularly and then post their score from the inspector. 100 is perfect, +2 points if the staff has had health training with the County. ME and I don't eat at any place less than 93. It's a really useful system.) IIRC, their score was about 86 or so.

Dan
      Yeah, it is very useful for a point of reference. I've sat down in one "100" restaurant in my life just outside of Sylacauga AL. Soul food. The big stainless hood over the grill must be polished every night to look that way. You order at the counter and go sit down. They bring you your stuff to the table, including whatever you ordered to drink.

Seems from observation in a lot oplaces that a soda fountain where you pump your own berverage takes points off, as does the salad bar where you fix your own bowl. Besides the condition of the kitchen (which is everything), the stuff out front and the procedure counts on or off as well.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

maryland fried chicken in melbourne , fl
        joking , I used to drive by the place

Comment

Working...
        X