(Video) 250mph in the standing mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Video) 250mph in the standing mile

The big winner of the Texas Mile event on March 26-28, 2010 was Richard Holt for piloting an Underground Racing Twin Turbo Gallardo Superleggera 250.1 MPH wi...

:o :o

Re: (Video) 250mph in the standing mile

Pretty impressive, but not so sure that spinning around is the best way to come to a stop though.
    :P

Comment

I don't think I would drive with him.......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Ya know, I keep hearing the same thing about the Texas Mile--- smooth course, yet no rules.

This has to be the perfect example. The guy barely has any safety equipment,
        goes down the course BLAZINGLY FAST, doesn't use a chute, doesn't slow/stop
        properly, and all that anyone there cares about is the end game (the speed). It
        seems like it's going to take some definition of tragedy for that place to shape up...
        The ECTA has very, very strict rules about equipment, safety, etc. and accidents
        still happen. It's inevitable regardless of the protocol, but this is ridiculous.

Comment

The dumbest part is the chute......that he didn't use......

Ummm.....Hello. Dumbass....

More money than sense.....

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I'd be more impressed with someone who went 150 in something they bolted together. Total dumbass and waste of money.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BetterWithBoost
              Ya know, I keep hearing the same thing about the Texas Mile--- smooth course, yet no rules.

seems like it's going to take some definition of tragedy for that place to shape up...
              The ECTA has very, very strict rules about equipment, safety, etc. and accidents
              still happen. It's inevitable regardless of the protocol, but this is ridiculous.
              in a car make to go that fast 200+ factory. and with brakes to stop it from those speeds...
              the passenger cabin is stronger than a normal joes car with a 8 or 10 point bar..

Comment

Everything's bigger in Texas, including stupidity.
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD

in a car make to go that fast 200+ factory. and with brakes to stop it from those speeds...
                  the passenger cabin is stronger than a normal joes car with a 8 or 10 point bar..
                  Ok.....I call total Bullshit on your statement......

If he crashes in that Lambo with no cage at that speed...he is dead

The brakes on a Gallardo are not made to stop from 250.....no brakes are short of HUGE Carbon brakes off of a Lemans Car, and even those need to be warmed up to work properly.

This guy is dumb.....plain and simple.....Lambos are no safer than a Camaro when traveling 200+

Seth
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

no car short of a stock car.. is safe at that speed.. and even then..
                    thats why betterwithboost. comments needed a reply..
                    even with tri side bars and full on cage...
                    no car is safe at those speeds...
                    the lambo at least was built to run at those levels,, a camaro would be all over the road with stock body panels..

Comment

We race a stock body panel Camaro....at Maxton....and it is not all over the road....it is rock steady.

I agree that no car is safe at those speeds.....It is a dangerous sport.

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                        We race a stock body panel Camaro....at Maxton....and it is not all over the road....it is rock steady.

I agree that no car is safe at those speeds.....It is a dangerous sport.

Seth
                        got a pic of this 200mph+ stock body camaro
                        even the slickest fbody of all time the 1985-89 t/a needs 2-3" added to the chin..

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                          Originally posted by IRONHEAD

Ok.....I call total Bullshit on your statement......

If he crashes in that Lambo with no cage at that speed...he is dead

The brakes on a Gallardo are not made to stop from 250.....no brakes are short of HUGE Carbon brakes off of a Lemans Car, and even those need to be warmed up to work properly.

This guy is dumb.....plain and simple.....Lambos are no safer than a Camaro when traveling 200+

Seth
                          It has a 4 point in it. The Texas Mile seems to be pretty loose with their rules, I don't think this car could legally run under 11.50s at the strip.

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3
                            I don't think I would drive with him.......
                            THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING...... :D

Comment

The car was designed to go that fast... Not crash that fast...

He's got Zero head protection... no Han's or restraint device...no Roll cage, seat or window net... So I wouldn't let him run 150...

And frankly with my new found passion for Dip Shit's.... I'd have thrown his ass out when he spun the junk just trying to get it moving.... and then for going 225 on his first pass...

Seriously Iron Head.... These guys Camaro is ten times safer then the Lambo....

and as one who's buried a friend or two in this sport.... trust me when I say.... it's not the speed that will kill you... it's the multiple sudden stops at the end!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X