Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• launch control

2010 camaro

A Launch Control feature is available, within Competitive Driving Mode on vehicles with a manual transmission, to allow the driver to achieve high levels of vehicle acceleration in a straight line. Launch Control is a form of traction control that manages tire spin while launching the vehicle. This feature is intended for use during closed course race events where consistent zero to sixty and quarter mile times are desirable.

Re: launch control

So is it legal in the non electronics bracket classes?

I smell some protests ...
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

why the ford mustang has had it since the retro 2004,,
      they call it torque management ;) sofeware

Comment

But if GM is calling it a launch control ...
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

hope the ban both types.. or make you disable it..

Comment

The Corvettes have had it too for a while, I see them run all the time in foot brake classes around here. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
            Living the dream!

Comment

FWD engines have had torque management since the early 90's so I'm not sure if it's the same thing. Is this something with an active feedback system or a preprogrammed torque reduction based on gear, TPS, and RPM inputs?

When you say Launch control to me it makes me think of the paddle shift guys where it holds the clutch untill you hit a certain rev and it dumps the clutch in a pre-programed manner to maximize launch.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

launch control sounds ........NASA

Comment

I'm hungry... when I first read that I thought it was "lunch" control....
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    2010 camaro

A Launch Control feature is available, within Competitive Driving Mode on vehicles with a manual transmission, to allow the driver to achieve high levels of vehicle acceleration in a straight line. Launch Control is a form of traction control that manages tire spin while launching the vehicle. This feature is intended for use during closed course race events where consistent zero to sixty and quarter mile times are desirable.
                    Nothing new my Camaro has that. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                      2010 camaro

no, it doesn't.

this is the same thing they put in the Nissan GTRs now. Same as adding an MSD 2-step rev limiter.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                        Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                        2010 camaro

no, it doesn't.

this is the same thing they put in the Nissan GTRs now. Same as adding an MSD 2-step rev limiter. and traction control
                        there I fixed it

Comment

Launch control is completely differenent then what most of you claim to have...

Launch control has been used by the rally guys for years... Production cars that have real launch control are cars like the Nissan GTR (hence the trans warranty issues)...

In the simplest of terms, it allows you to lauch the car without the fancy foot work...

I'm sure the new Camaro could do well with the launch control feature... Between the guys that can't drive and the guys who have never driven a car with any real power, it may actually help save the car from poor driving...

Comment

or the Z06 ...turn the stability system off , put the car in the wall

Comment

launch control to major tard, the countdown is on. ???

sometimes, when I went to go faster... I press the throttle. 8)
                              if you built it right, you may have to let off too... I choose 8500..cuz that is when the tack runs out. ;D
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X