No announcement yet.

1967 Belvedere, What will it take...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1967 Belvedere, What will it take...

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    in the under 1500 dollar classic car aisle ?
    It was $3500 or best offer. I feel I could have had the car for $26-2800, but it was alot of work. I was hoping for something that was not a Ford, but that may be what happens. Found a real solid '63 Comet hardtop that has a E-303 roller cam 302, a C-4 with a shift kit, stall converter and a bunch of extra partslike an aluminum radiator, 2 sets of headers, etc. The guy wants a grand for it. No bodywork needed, and I could slip a 351W in it.

Maybe I'll use my Torino. That just needs brakes, an engine, a trans, a seat, a drivers window :o But al least I already own it.

Comment

a solid comet for almost free ?

Comment

They DO exist,Jim. Just gotta LOOK around,and just when ya think you should just give up 'an go Home,9-times outta-10 SOMETHING usually comes up. Well,that the way it happens with ME,anyway'z... ;D :D ;). ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Originally posted by Thumpin455
          Eh you are spoiled! FIX IT!
          Did you miss the part where he wanted the car on the track in 30 days? Andy is far from spoiled living up in Vermont. He deals will all that you guys have in Michigan!

He's got some awesome junk and currently has the dream job of restoring cars for a wealthy dude. The bastard. ;D
          Ya, I know, jus messin with him He is still my hero and yes I still hate him in a friendly sort of way, but not like a spooning sort of way..

Comment

Vermont is a strange place but as far as we know, Andy ain't the spoonin' type... :D

It does get mighty cold there though.... :-[ :o ;D
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

start with a camaro subframe .....

Comment

Well the Comet is out, the guy won't sell it to me after discussing the pros and cons of both the Comet and the Torino. He is a friend of mine and I think he's trying to save me from myself, lol.

Looks like it's Torino Time.

Remember our thread last year (or was it 2 years ago now?) about getting a reasonably fast car on the track on the cheap, something like a $2500 limit? Well here we go!

Comment

fixing rust ain't ever cheap , but good luck to you

even doing my own bodywork ...always up over 5 grand

Comment

Working...
                  X