Replacement sheet metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replacement sheet metal

I,personally have a TON of old N.O.S. GM stuff,but about 3 years ago,I bought a complete 68-69 Nova "Body" from Goodmark,Both Fenders/(full)Rear Quarters,1-Piece Trunk Floor,1-Piece Pass. Compartment Floorpan,Rear Taillight Panel,Rear Framerails,L & R Rocker-Panels,Trunk drop-offs,upper & lower Firewall sections,ect. I bought the stuff simply because I had some 'excess' 'Lunch Money' I found 'down the Couch' ;D. Someday,I WANT a rusted out 68-69 Nova to rebuild. WHY(I already have 12 of 'em :...)I don't *really* know,but since I've already bought the stuff..........and "LS-/ZR-2's" IS correct: EMI/Brookville,ect DO make lots of there OWN stuff under their OWN Roofs. ~J/W.

Comment

These guys have quite a bit of stuff and it's all stamped in the USA. I'm friends with a guy that basically runs the place.

I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

A little more info on the application:

I looked the truck over a little more yesterday- I am ok with the alignment of the driver side door- I will fix the little rust that is poking up under the paint on that one. The driver side won't align. The reason I suspect is that about 15 years ago in an effort to lighten the truck up for bracket racing, I cut the inside door panels out (not just the bolt in part, everything you can see from the inside of the truck below the bottom of the window, all replaced with aluminum). 6 years ago when I wanted to put the truck back out on the street, I used a couple of donor (i.e. rusted completely out) doors to pull the inner door panels out of and welded them into the original doors. I think I must have warped the driver side because it doesn't fit right. It used to before I did all the cutting and welding... I have lived with the poor alignment up till now, but I am going to paint the truck this summer, so it needs to be fixed.

I guess I will go with Goodmark for the door and buy a new chrome grille to go along with the chrome front bumper I have but haven't installed- that is all I am going to replace. Maybe I can even get me some Torque Thrust D's to fit- I am running 5 x 4 3/4" bolt pattern on the truck... that will look cool.

Comment

Working...
        X