Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2010 HRM-- The Rafter Issue

Awesome rag this month, as usual.

What's up with all the references to rafters? I have never heard of someone stuffing a body or dragster chassis up in the rafters, and this month's issue of HR is brimming with a number of such references.

Not that it matters, it just caught my attention.

Will the next buzzword be "rafter car?" As in, "Yeah, its a rafter car. I found it up in the rafters of this old guy's garage who lived just down the street from me. Drove past it for 20 years, never knew it was there until one day I stopped in. Just chatting with the old buzzard, I happened to look up in the rafters and there it was... this here PedoVan, perfectly preserved. Didn't even have to restore it."

Carry on...
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Re: June 2010 HRM-- The Rafter Issue

Stuff like this is why I can't wait for the next issue to come.

Bless you DF for going back to HR,
    it makes it worth the sub price.

Comment

Nothing against Rob Kinnan ,but someone help him, he always looks constipated.

Comment

Ryan Walker's 64 Malibu SS is currently in the rafters of a warehouse. 60 ft up in the air.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer

What's up with all the references to rafters? I have never heard of someone stuffing a body or dragster chassis up in the rafters, and this month's issue of HR is brimming with a number of such references.

Will the next buzzword be "rafter car?" As in, "Yeah, its a rafter car. I found it up in the rafters of this old guy's garage who lived just down the street from me. Drove past it for 20 years, never knew it was there until one day I stopped in. Just chatting with the old buzzard, I happened to look up in the rafters and there it was... this here PedoVan, perfectly preserved. Didn't even have to restore it."

Carry on...
          haven't seen the mag yet,
          but for a garage door guy , you don't get out much..
          come to the east coast.. you'll find a lot of cars/diggers/engines/etc in rafters of a garage or barn..
          shhhh can I tell ya a dirty secret, most when building a car put parts in rafters, cause unlike what the mags show. most are built in a one or two car garage, not a shop the size of a service station..
          up here, you'll find tons of barns and garages with rafters full of car parts

Comment

Originally posted by min301

Just let my sub to Hot Rod lapse.

Hot Rod Deluxe and Muscle Car Review do it better for me these days.

I guess I just don't really care what the Richie Rich crowd is having built in who's high end shop....and frankly most of the finished projects from those places leave me cold as well.

The recent focus on new cars is kinda not my cup of tea as well.

Not saying there isn't an audience for that stuff....just that I'm not as part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by min301

Yap, $20 for three years is definitely worth the price. ;)

But then I really don't read the mags for the articles, sure they have some good ones, but I'm more of a parts guy, I like to keep up with the latest parts that are coming out. Basically when I read the mags I'm looking for trick stuff that people did to their cars or for the latest trick part that came out.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                Originally posted by Schtauffer

Carry on...
                haven't seen the mag yet,
                but for a garage door guy , you don't get out much..
                come to the east coast.. you'll find a lot of cars/diggers/engines/etc in rafters of a garage or barn..
                shhhh can I tell ya a dirty secret, most when building a car put parts in rafters, cause unlike what the mags show. most are built in a one or two car garage, not a shop the size of a service station..
                up here, you'll find tons of barns and garages with rafters full of car parts

Really? ! Where are these barns ?

Not here in NY.Here we have rot and junk that people want too much for.

Comment

I remember seeing a pair of bumpers in the rafters of a neighbor's garage (carport?), off his VW, those skinny ones with the bumper guard on top. This had to be before I was seven, because we moved out of that neighborhood.

Just thought I'd throw out my first "rafter" experience....

my shop has a finished ceiling, so I don't have any rafter parts myself.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I know a guy from work who has a Logghe FED chassis in the rafters of his garage, and I saw some pictures of a bunch of Superbirds and other mopars hanging by chains from the rafters of some barn. I guess when you run out of room, you go vertical.

They're down towards the bottom of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver68RT
                      I know a guy from work who has a Logghe FED chassis in the rafters of his garage, and I saw some pictures of a bunch of Superbirds and other mopars hanging by chains from the rafters of some barn. I guess when you run out of room, you go vertical.

They're down towards the bottom of the page.

Wow....no shit eh Hangin`from the rafters....great pictures...thanks.

Comment

F/econo dragster ? that is 4 cylinder territory

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                          F/econo dragster ? that is 4 cylinder territory
                          FED as in front engine dragster, the way it was before Big Daddy blew part of his foot off and decided he'd rather sit ahead of all the stuff that goes boom.

Comment

Rafter is the new variation of barn... "Rafterfind"... ;)
                            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I don't have 'enough' stuff that warrents storing 'it' in Rafters. 'Crawl space',yes,but never Rafters ;D. ~J/W.

Comment

Working...
                              X