Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: June 2010 HRM-- The Rafter Issue

I think back then they referred to as dragsters
    but exhibition racers vs actual race cars ? fed is one of them there trendy tags

Comment

Snow load? What snow load? :o

Originally posted by Silver68RT
      I know a guy from work who has a Logghe FED chassis in the rafters of his garage, and I saw some pictures of a bunch of Superbirds and other mopars hanging by chains from the rafters of some barn. I guess when you run out of room, you go vertical.

They're down towards the bottom of the page.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

But it DOES give a new meaning to the word Rafting doesn't it... ;D ;D

"Whatcha been doing this weekend?"

- "spend the entire day rafting at a friends house" ... :D
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Thats what I was thinking Gene. My rafter storage is limited to the lite stuff. Plus, I don't like ladders ;D
          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Random fenders, wheels, and a dash or two are one thing, but whole cars?

I have been in thousands of garages working on garage doors, probably at least a hundred or more of those gearhead/auto enthusiast garages. I have never seen a whole car (or even a bare body, for that matter) hanging from the ceiling. And yes, there is a difference between a gearhead and an auto enthusiast.

The weirdest thing I have seen stuffed up in the trusses was a 2X life-size posterboard of George from Seinfeld in his undies lounging on a couch. It was right in the area above the garage door, and I had to see it in order to work. I lost my appetite for a week.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I have a sub because I need something to read on the can. Any new parts for my cars that come out have usually been out a year or two before HRM gets them printed. Also not much in the way of real builds with my engines, the mantra seems to be drop a chevy in it. JPH is one of the worst with the DACIT crap. Yawn, another chevy article... Some of the interesting stuff is Mopar or Ford based, but very little on Pontiacs. Its ok I have magazines that cater to them since HRM and DD tend to ignore them unless they have an orange engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
                Random fenders, wheels, and a dash or two are one thing, but whole cars?

I have been in thousands of garages working on garage doors, probably at least a hundred or more of those gearhead/auto enthusiast garages. I have never seen a whole car (or even a bare body, for that matter) hanging from the ceiling. And yes, there is a difference between a gearhead and an auto enthusiast.

The weirdest thing I have seen stuffed up in the trusses was a 2X life-size posterboard of George from Seinfeld in his undies lounging on a couch. It was right in the area above the garage door, and I had to see it in order to work. I lost my appetite for a week.
                Gene, that's weird and hilarious.

I've seen one dragster chassis in the rafters of a dude's garage.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

OK here goes, this is more then just an Urban Legend because I know a guy that actually purchased one of the cars. There is a guy here in this area that has several Pontiacs stored in the Rafters of his Barn, I've heard numbers between 4 and 10 of them and most of them are mid and late 60's GTO's. He's kind of a recluse (nut case) I guess and he doesn't want anybody around but this friend of mine that bought one of the GTO's had befriended him and the guy came up needing some money and sold him one, he said they had to do some rigging and somehow build a ramp to drive the rollback up onto to get the car down, this was probably about 8 or 10 years ago, this is the story as I remember it, I'll probably see the guy that bought the car this week. I don't think anybody knows how the cars were put up there other then the owner of course.I know this sounds like a tall tail to me also but that's what I remember about the story.

Comment

Working...
                  X